Is it wrong to talk to an old boyfriend if I'm engaged?

Favorite Answer

of course not.just think of him as your friend.just because he's your ex does not mean you should not talk to him. :)

• Rhuby

I talk to my ex all the time and I'm engaged. I was half tempted to make him a bridesmaid because he's one of my oldest and best friends! If you've been friends all this time, getting engaged is not a reason to stop talking to him. If you haven't talked to him at all and he just suddenly shows up that would be a bit strange.

It's really more dependent on your situation.

And to some of the above posters YES you can be JUST FRIENDS. My ex and I were together for 3 years, we broke up on good terms and have been friends ever sense. At first he was jelous of my next boyfriend but he got over it. He was one of the first people I called when I got engaged. Just because you can't be friends with an ex doesn't mean nobody can.

Good question.

I don’t believe that a couple can ever truly be ‘just friends’.

Let’s say Dick and Jane dated for five years and broke up a two years ago. Jane is now engaged to Tommy.

Dick and Jane may be completely comfortable with being pals, but that doesn’t mean everyone else is. Dick and Jane, though Jane more so, will be scrutinized. Their friendship will always be subject to questioning and suspicion.

Tommy has every right to be uncomfortable with Dick staying in Jane’s life.

My point? Ex’s are ex’s for a reason. You don’t have to be mean to an ex, but you don’t need to keep them in your life either. Best to remember the positive, let go of the negative and move on with your life.

My opinion? Yes. It is wrong to continue speaking to old boyfriends. It's disrespectful to your fiancé and sends mixed messages to the ex.

I don't know anything about your relationship with this boyfriend, but even if it's all innocent it may hurt your fiance. For this reason, you should ask your fiance if he's ok with you talking to this ex as simply an old friend. Say that you would never wanna hide even such a little friendship from him, and you wanna check with him because you love him with all your heart. If you still have feelings for your ex stop all contact with him immediately!!

**CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING :)

I'm curious to why you ask this. There are a lot of variables in this answer.

Have you been talking and now fiance is getting upset about it?

Did you just get back in touch and have alot to catch up on?

What exactly are you talking about?

Is there dissing of spouse going on?

Does he have feelings for you?

Do you have feelings for him?

Bottom line: it'll keep it uncomplicated to just not talk to him often.

Is it wrong for the guy you are engaged to if he is talking to an old flame? Answering one will answer the other. I would say "yes" to both if by talking you mean anything more said than, " hello ". Just my humble opinion,

I have two ex's. One I have a PFA against and another who is a friend who I talk to once in a while. I see nothing wrong with it because we are both happy in our own relationships and there isn't anything going on.

• Jilly

If you're just talking, there's nothing wrong with it. My husband talks to his exes, one of which I've become quite good friends with.

As long as there is nothing else going on its fine. Just make sure to be honest with your FH & you ex about each other. You don't want to end up hurting someone.

Yes, your old relationships are in the past and you dont really need him in your life any more. Have some respect for your new fiancee and make a new start!

It depends....id say if your man has a problem with it you shouldnt do it, but if its just friendly conversation and niether you or him have feelings for eachother i think it would be fine in moderation

Source(s): opinion