Why are some racial slurs not beeped on television?

I'm watching Tyra right now and they beep out the N word (referring to black people) but they did not beep out the S word (referring to Mexicans/Latinos)

Also on Mind of Mencia, Carlos called to get a vanity plate and asked if he could get the N word on a license plate and they said no, but then he asked if he could get "wet back" on his plate and they said that was okay....

I just wonder what makes some racial slurs more acceptable than others....any ideas?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well being Hispanic is NOT a race and I'm glad someone mentioned it. Also I really don't know why people can take their hits on hispanics and not get bleeped, I guess it's been made less of a taboo then the

N" word, and they're all not crybabies. But Al Sharpton ALWAYS has to make things about race when they're not man. ANNOYING. I mean he's friends with Joe Jackson (irrelevant I know lol) But if those 2 get along psh.

• 1 decade ago

First, those things that weren't bleeped out are not racial slurs but bigoted. Being a type of Hispanic is an ethnicity not a race.

I guess that those comments are acceptable since we have to bend over backwards and walk on egg shells around Blacks.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because if someone who isn't black uses the n word, Al Sharpton will organize a march. It will be on the news. Someone will have to apologize to Jesse Jackson.

Other ethnic groups, including whites, just put up with it.

• 1 decade ago

i am so sick of people picking on blacks , where were the other minority races when we were getting lynched , beat and raped, just so we could have equal opportunities. now everyone wants to say we are cry babies. as for your answer ,do like black people did say something about it , we complained when people said the n word . now they walk on egg shells around us.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.