Noah asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What can i replace for an egg?

I want to make a chocolate cake in the microwave, and just real quick heres the ingredients:

DRY INGREDIENTS:

4Tbsp. Flour

4Tbsp. Sugar

2Tbsp. Cocoa Powder

2Tbsp. Chocolate Chips

WET INGREDIENTS:

1 Egg

3Tbsp. Milk

3Tbsp. Oil

Sadly, i have no eggs! My girlfriend is at her friends house, and she has the car. I tryed calling her, because she is amazing at cooking, but i got no answer. So im gonna ask you guys, what can i use to replace the egg? Will it be fine without it? Thanks!

I also add baking soda (or powder, i forgot which one it is), to make it rise.

Favorite Answer

Try a little mayonnaise. Egg is just an emulsifier. Mayo is made from eggs. Good luck!

Replace the egg with 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise

You may be surprised, but mayo really works! I think it's like 2 tablespoons of mayo equal 1 egg. It's probably baking powder to make it rise. I always get confused with that too, so I would double check. Good luck! Sounds like a yummy cake..hope you've got vanilla ice cream to go with it!

Applesauce! I dont eat eggs so when I bake a cake I use applesauce. For one egg i use aprox 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp of baby applesauce but regular works too. My family seems to think it tastes better with out eggs anyway.

• One egg, you should be fine without it. You can also use 1/4 cup of applesauce or a small mashed banana. If you have silken tofu (the kind in the aseptic box), you can use 1/4 cup of silken tofu for that egg.

That's going to be a dense cake, as i don't see anything that will make it rise.

1 tbsp cornstarch or a little evaporated milk works great!!!

• Jackie

i dont know maybe you can add in a little more oil

you can put in a little more oil..thats what i do and it works...