i don't understand rock music is evil?

i was on a religious website when it said that all rock music was evil and the devil....how is it? I understand how **** like marylin manson or death metal is evil but how is just rock or metal satanic? Obviously songs with satanic influences are but how can all rock music be evil?

Favorite Answer

In my church classes they taught me that not all music is bad including rock music if the song has a good message you know not something like JUST DIE DIE DIE

Music is inspired by God. What man does with it determines evil or not. Petra and Stryper are pretty good Christian rock bands. Listen to some of the early 70's and 80's Christian music. Nothing at all evil there. Just plain old fashioned rock and roll.

I honestly don't belive the rock music is evil. Some religions might think thay way because it is talking about evil or the devil sometimes. Quite frankly, it's just some peoples opinions about that kind of music being "satanic."

As a minister i think we could continually flow by making use of the Bible. It fairly does not handle rock song, hence it may't be all forbidden on that foundation. I additionally think of that's enormously commendable which you're wanting to stay as a Christian, and are in touch related to the project. As somebody who has counselled human beings, as yet another answerer pronounced because of the fact the question has arise on your innovations it fairly is an illustration, even with the undeniable fact that, that rock song won't be for you. Rock song in fact got here from Africa, and is a pagan prepare that's not so good in some factors. a number of it does arouse the sexual senses and a great style of heavy metallic has suicide lyrics and profanity--not in basic terms rattling and hell, and so some rock song is unsuitable. some softer rock song is optimal and so i don't see any project with indie pop rock. yet i don't think of you're being overly careful to be careful related to the song you hear to. there is plenty great song accessible that's not being heard. in my opinion, I choose the previous hymns to cutting-edge worship. isn't cutting-edge worship a sprint accountable of attempting to alter God to our style, whilst the main efficient ingredient of Christianity is the saving blood of Jesus. God Bless and instruction manual you on your seeming good and truthful Christian walk, Shalom, Rev. Glen

• Blank

Listen and look with your own eyes, pick each song, and see what it promotes or idolizes. Some religions say this and some say not all rock. Some use rock (drums, synthesizers, and electric guitars) in their worship service.

If you can't see, ask the plants. They know. When you want to grow a garden, don't play rock to the plants.

Source(s): Science experiments

Have you never watched Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny. Because rock was formed through the insane guitar playing with the pick of Satan's broken tooth...Rock rules

Source(s): Atheist Bisexual Libertarian 1984 is coming Rebel Rebel and Yell
  • It's not my mom is a hardcore baptist and I because I hate her religion decided to be a jerk and went to a christian book store and bought a CD by the group Mortification a christian death metal band. It changed her view about music and how not to judge a book by its cover

Rock is mostly secular. Lots of freaks still hold the belief that anything not sacred is satanic. In America (where most of these freaks reside), most of us are the descendants of Puritans...

• "Rock and roll is the most brutal, ugly, degenerate, vicious form of expression — lewd, sly, in plain fact, dirty — a rancid-smelling aphrodisiac and the martial music of every side-burned delinquent on the face of the earth." –Frank Sinatra (1957)

I love Ol Blue Eyes and rock n' roll.

look at the corncob up the butt repressed people that create those websites--and want to control you and your behavior. If you are that weak willed and weak minded--if you have no intellectual honesty--then I'd guess you'd better find some xtian music to listen to. All hail the talking donkey and talking snake.