If You take the battery out of a laptop, do all the websites you were on, close down?

the battery of my laptop fell out and i had a website up. would it close down???

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your computer will probably restart when you put it back in, so the window won't be open. Firefox might be able to restore your session. If it doesn't, then you could try going into the History and seeing if the site is listed there. If it's a page that you weren't supposed to leave (like a survey or something, where you're not allowed to refresh or close the window), then you're out of luck.

Another exception to this is if you have Firefox and have it set to "When Firefox starts: Show my windows and tabs from last time". If that is the case, then the page will be there, unchanged, when you open it up again.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your laptop isn't plugged into the wall and you yank out the battery, it will shut down. That's a hard shut down and you should avoid it.

If you want to hide the websites you've been visiting, go Tools menu to Clear History if you're using FireFox. In Internet Explorer, go under Tools to Internet Options and Delete Browsing History under the General tab.

If you want to get a webpage back up, open the browser again. It may ask you to restore. If so, restore. Or go under the History menu to see pages you had loaded recently.

• 1 decade ago

If you were connected to the AC adapter, Nope.

If not, then yes. Your page is gone, however you can check the history or you can restore your session if it was firefox :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm hoping you don't mean the websites' servers crashing because of 1 small insignificent computer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if your power cord is in then no however ever if it wasn't then yes but most browsers let you recover if it doesn't check the history on your browser it should be there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.