How does swearing (cussing for the southerners) help an injury feel better?

Do you swear when getting hurt or when you have a babby?

• lobo27
    Favorite Answer

FK stole my answer, deranged minds and all that jazz.

Like he said it channels energy in one direction in the marshal arts, It also boosts confidence and some times serves to intimidate a opponent.

As well in many arts you will find that the release of air from the lungs upon impact can soften the blow of a appoint, when you throw one you leave a open area that a skilled opponent should instinctively strike with out thought.

So when you "Key Eye" it's both offensive and defensive at the same time.

You didn't read a word of that did you...

I don't often make a sound as I enjoy the pain to a extent.

as well I see It as a sine of weakness.

I do it from time to time to release a bit of rage that is about to boil over the top... but it comes out sounding like a drunken Nazi on a medieval suicide charge.

Um

I guess I swear when I get hurt

But I say it to myself lol

I swear.. I cuss.. I throw a friggin hissy.

It's kinda like how people practicing martial arts yell "HYAA!!!" every time they go to punch or kick. It takes their mind off of what is happening to their body.

This might also explain those noises I make when I'm having sex...

Sweared during both..

and it doesn't help.

it just lets everyone around you knows your goddam hurt!

for some odd reason it just works nicely when you scream profanity as your are limping from stubbing your toe..

idk why but it just flows naturally and stimulates you after saying it. kinda like comfort food.. except its comfort cursing :)

Source(s): asdfghjkl;'

Somebody just swore so hard with their keyboard that my computer screen melted!

some people swear during sex to.

u know i really dont i went on vaca a month ago and this handicapped man cussed my grandma and that man should have been i wasnt der cuz he would have been CRIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but any way) i guess there are ssssssoooooooooooooooo mad.

its a release of the initial anger. and yes for both reasons!! ;)