Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is a good bible verse to go along with a camp theme "Under Construction"?

Add ideas for lessons...games...anything to help. Thanx :)

Favorite Answer

Isaiah 65:22; "They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating."

Ecclesiastes 3:3; "a time to break down and a time to build,"

1 Corinthians 3:10; ""as a wise director of works I laid a foundation, but someone else is building on it. But let each one keep watching how he is building on it."

Matthew 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Acts 20:32 Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

Romans 15:2 Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

1 Corinthians 14:12 So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Jude :20 But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.

( All scriptures are from the New International Version )

I hope this helped you. God Bless You.

• ?

The Sand, Stone foundation theme has lots of possibility

Castle Building, Human Pyramids (if that's still allowed), et al

Matthew 7

24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: -Phil. 1:6