Grounded, could use help?

Hello i recently got caught shoplifting(first time) and was arrested. Its doesnt go on mi record tho because i was still 16. I didn turn 17 for another 5 days.

Mi punishment is no driving. Phone use. Dates/goin out. Videogames.laptop. But mi gf can come over occasionally buh we have to b supervised. Plus have to write a 4 paged essay reflecting on what i did. Oh and any chore they can think of. All this til at least Jan. 1(they can add on if rules broken)

Im a week and a half in and My question is do you think this punishmemt is too harsh for my first time gettin in trouble? And how should i respond in a way to get less time?. I know what i did was wrong and i am remmorseful trust me i am so dont waste your time telling me what i did

Favorite Answer

It is your parents responsibility to punish you for the stuff you do wrong to make you realize that what you did was wrong and to ensure that you don't do it again so that you become a good person. When you're older and you're on your own, your parents won't be there to tell you what is wrong and what is right - it's their responsibility to do that while you are young so you know better in the future. That's why although I think your punishment is a bit harsh, it's very fair. Don't push for them letting you off of your punishment early. They set that date for the purpose of you learning your lesson. Do what you're supposed to do and count down until January first and apologize for what you did. Accepting your punishment is accepting what you did was wrong and unfair to others.

• helene

It's not too harsh for stealing. Your parents are trying to save your life here. They are looking at the big picture, not at your plans for fun.

If they see that you really GET it, you might get paroled a couple months early. Obviously they haven't seen anything close enough to that yet. If I were you, I'd make it a really good essay.

its harsh but i think after this you really wont do it again lol not just not get caught...i feel sorry for you..most ways to get what you want with parents is to show your unhappy but still beahve perfectly an do eveything you are asked without question...

Source(s): experience

It sounds harsh becauswe that is a long time to have to do that but you shouldnt have shoplifted. Hopefully if you so what they

Source(s): knowledge

shoplifting is like thee worst kind of trouble u can get in because not only r u embarrassed for getting caught but i bet your parents r embarrassed too so i dont blame them but i guess they cud have eased up on u jus a bit but i think they were right for wat they did and yea

I'm grounded 3 months for curfew and basically got everythig taken away so i feel u.........

Nothing we can do really lol.... sux i know I am 16

honestly i dont think its harsh, yeah you made a mistake and learned from it but you were 16 and you knew better and the consequences.

isn't it better than going to jail? personally i would rather have your punishment than go to jail. there are worse things that could happen in jail than at your own home.

I understand how u feel..

Sit down wt ur parents and apologize...start crying...say u understand tht wut u did is wrong and tht ur sorry u dissapointed them ..let them feel like ur still their little baby...

Say..i promise i will work as hard as i can to do every chore...and beg beg beg to have ur old life back..say u learned ur lesson.