What gaming console do you suggest: Wii or Xbox 360?

They seem very balanced on the list of pros and cons. Which do you suggest I buy and why?

• shibby
    Favorite Answer

I'd base your decision on the type of games you like to play.

The Wii is mostly a party console with many games revolving around multiple players utilizing the Wii sensor and remotes for extra silliness and fun.

XBox360 will have a broader range of games and a bigger library to pull from. There are still lots of multiplayer games, but they'll more be along the lines of online gameplay (Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty).

Personally, I have both and I play the XBox a lot more than I play the Wii. I think the only time I turn the Wii on is if we have friends over and we want to play a party game or Smash Bros.

People you are telling you to examine what kind of games you like to play are right. Also if you're buying it for someone (a child for instance) will effect your decision. I have both consoles and I enjoy the X box more for a lot of reasons. The main reason however is that I have been playing games sense I was seven or so. I grew up with them and it's one of my favorite past times. I'm a 27 year old who likes games like Halo and bioshock, and these are games that have a more mature content and the wii does not provide. There are more game I want to play on the x-box. The nintendo's game catalog is more of centered around novelty play. For instance: There are a number of Hanna Montana games as well as several different sims games available at the store. But there are a few good more tradition games for the wii just not as many.

The great thing about thew wii is that is A LOT of fun. Golf is really cool for that system, and it's fun to get together with friends and play some of the sport games. The controls are intuitive and it really helps you interact with your environment.

However, Project Natal is coming out for X box that is going to provide the same kind of intuitive game play but you play with your whole body. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM

Youtube thumbnail

this would seem to be better game play experience than the wii but only time will tell. I suggest you go to you local wal mart or game store and look at the software. see what kind of games look better to you. Sorry this was so long.

• In my experience, I own all 3 systems, and I've put hundreads of hours into my PS3, maybe 80-100 into my XBox 360, and maybe 30-40 into my Wii. I have owned all 3 for at least 1 year.

I own at least 15 games for each, and I just can't seem to settle on anything buy my PS3. I am not saying the games are not good on any of the systems. It's just my own preference that draws me back to my PS3 each time.

In the end, I suggest you try each system yourself if that's possible before making the investment. And research video games, Wii has a pluthera of video games that may look fun and exciting but fail to deliver. But the same can be said for any game on any system...

Source(s): Small Edit: If you couldn't tell, I am a very, very casual player. Which is why my hours played is low for how long i've owned the consoles.

It depends on what you like. If you like more casual games, BUT they still have some mature games and a different kind of gaming experience, go with the Wii. If you like hardcore gaming with almost every good game rated M and better graphics with excellent online, go with the 360. I am a proud owner of both and I play both all the time.

• John

360 has more mature and shooting sames. I am surprised that you say these consoles are balanced...they are essentially polar opposites. The 360 is geared to more mature games who prefer shooters.

The Wii has alot of casual games and not as much matuer games....I would say to go with the 360.

I'd say Xbox 360. There's plenty more games to play for it, and in many genres. For the Wii, there are very few good games.

Although, if you do decide on the 360, make sure you lay it down when you play; don't lay it on carpet.

First off sell your piece of crap PS3. Buy a 360 and a Wii. Trust me, your life will be so much happier and fulfilled.

it depends what your interests are and what your age group is and what age group you would be playing with is.

if you play with younger ages problably a wii. wiis are good for parties and just having fun. there arent many but there are some games that hardcore gamers can enjoy.

the xbox (my personal choice. i had a wii but i beat legend of zelda and most other hard core games so i switched to xbox) is really great it has a large online gaming community and a large assort ment of great games but its not the best choice for parties.

Source(s): life experience

I would Reccomand the Xbox360 because of the variety of games i bet you would like.

Pros of the Xbox360:

Xbox Live

Games

Very Simple and Easy to Use

Improving at Every Second

Cons:

Kills itself

Fee for Xbox Live

Overall the Xbox360 is a good game for everybody

• hi

Well personally i'd prefer the PS3 but if you can't afford it then i'm not sure

X-box if you just want some hardcore games and want to pay for online...

Wii if you want to have fun with friends or family...