akira asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

I hate being the center of attention?

I think it's because I have low self-esteem... it's weird. Like last week it was my birthday, I just feel uncomfortable. Anyone feel the same way?

Favorite Answer

yup same here

it just feels so weird to have people looking at you. i always feel like i have to meet their expectations or something-even though i know they never mean it that way

i guess im not really cut out to be a "leader" type of person-i prefer to stay in the background

im a more quiet type of person too.:D:D:D:D:D:

Yeah, I also hate compliments or anyone focusing on me in a public place- I'm pretty sure it is low self-esteem...You are not alone!

me too. but now that my brother has his own place, i don't feel like a center of attention and it's good. i wished there was a third child so i could be the middle child and i'd be left alone. that would have been very good indeed.

• Cat

i feel the same way. there's nothing wrong with that. you're probably just a little more introverted than most. a lot of people can relate to that :)

TO COMBAT THE " HATRED" OF BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION.......

BEING GRACIOUS...........................THINKING OF OTHERS............................