Cap asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Should sister still have an allowance???

I was recently at lunch with my mom, I paid the bill and I asked my mom if she could cover the tip. She told me she could'nt because she had to give my sister her allowance for the last 2 weeks....I"m floored, My sister is 26 still lives at home with my mom, dad, and 28 year old brother. Has not had a job in 3 years, does not pay rent or any bills, neither does my brother, but I am just 2 years older than her. I recently told her that she should try to find a job, even if it was part time, and she flipped on me saying that I just think I'm better than her. I moved out when I was 20 and I have worked hard to get where I am... Is this crazy??? and by the way they also pay for her clothes and personal items as well!!!

WOW 26 and not having a job is sad.I'm 22 and i had a few jobs and im currently looking for one.YES i still live at home but i cant afford to live on my own....does she help out around the house?

Allowances should be stopped at 18 for everyone. They need to go out and get a job on their own and show mom and dad they are responsible.