Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Dance or Tumbling classes?

okay I have asked a similar question to this one but this time I got rid of the gym because i have to have a big motivation or else I won't push my self to workou. So which one should I do Contemporary Modern Dance or Tumbling classes.

Favorite Answer

Okay so I am in gymnastics and I used to dance so here goes:

Tumbling: you will probably burn more calories and it is fun but it takes a lot of work and you need to be able to deal with not being able to get a flip or something every night.

Dance: I find that it is more fun and it will be EXTREMELY good for your flexibility if you do contemporary or jazz. Also you will probably do less sitting around waiting for a coach to help you!

I hope this helped! (If I were you I would go to dance!!!)

As far as dance goes, tumbling is learning how do do gymnast-like things. I believe it's similar to acro. If you've never heard of that it's learning how to do flips and tricks like that. I don't think it can help you with flexibility. It's more of something that requires flexibility. However, if you are looking to be more flexible, there are many other ways to accomplish this. A big part of becoming more flexible is stretching everyday. You could start by working on getting your splits (left, right, and center). If you already have these down, you can step it up by turning your back leg in (on left and right split) and trying to bend your knee so that your foot moves closer to your head. You can also try doing your splits and lifting your front leg up and resting it on a stair step or a chair. One other way is to stretch your split or penché [pahn-SHAY]. These are all ways my dance teachers have us increase our flexibility. If these don't work for you, you could always check youtube and google for more ideas. Keep in mind that your flexibility is not going to happen over night and at first you will be pretty sore. Don't give up though. I'm not extremely flexible either but working on it definitely pays off in the end. Hope this helps! (:

• lol

Tumbling classes

Take tumbling first.When you have all your tumbling done then take dance.It will help you.Or if you just want to take one like at at the most then take dance.

Source(s): I am an allstar cheerleader

tumbling class

Definitly tumbling or gymnastics because it stretches every part of your body. It also strengthens your muscles..grrr

tumbling out of the two. you can do acro, like me, and that is like both, more tumbling though.

my friends answer:i do cheer tumble and i luv it! like u i need sumthing to motivate me but my cheer coach helps me wit tht but def tumbling :-D

Dancing.

I cant dance to save my soul from the pits of the fiery abyss.

tumbling because its cardio but will also help with flexibility and muscle growth

tumbling. i have been tumbling for years now. it helps yu get a great work out...builds muscles...cardio...and for me it helps me relieve stress.