Cate
Cate asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

What's your favorite eggplant recipe?

I've really been in the mood for eggplant. Now that we have one, I thought it may be nice to try a different dish with it. Really, I've only just had it fried. What's your favorite recipe using eggplant? Any ideas are welcome :)

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Yummm!!!! My favourite aubergine recipe is eggplant parmiesan!!!!!! There are countless recipes online for it... If you don't know what it is, its like a lasagne (American type) made with aubergine instead of pasta sheets. Try it, I am sure you will love it!!!! *Smile*

Happy noming!!!!!

Baba ganoush is my favorite lately. Approximate recipe:

1 Whole eggplant, roasted in oven until tender

1-3 cloves garlic (depending on how much you like it)

1/4 cup olive oil

2 tbsp lemon juice

2-4 tbsp tahini (this is sesame paste, but in a pinch peanut butter works great)

Salt and pepper to taste

Slice the eggplant in half and scoop out the meat. Place it in a blender or food processor with other ingredients and puree until smooth. serve with warm pita bread or veggies.

If you don't like the taste of raw garlic, you can cook the cloves first. I have just made my mouth water and am now going out to my garden to get my own eggplant!

I make a really good eggplant casserole where I use eggplant slices instead of noodles in a lasagna-esque dish. Just peel the eggplants, slice into thin rounds, salt, rinse and drain. Then layer the eggplant with sauce, cheese, mushrooms, spinach etc. and bake.

omgg rattiouille or however u spell tht with spiach salad and pita bread

spinach salad-

spinach

1 avacado

1/4 of a onion

dressing-

1 lime or lemon

salt

pepper

olive oil

fresh basil

rattitouille

Ingredients:

* 2 tablespoons olive oil

* 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced

* 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced

* 1 small eggplant, cubed

* 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped

* 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped, or 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes

* 3 to 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices

* 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil

* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano

* 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme

* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Preparation:

In a 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add eggplant; stir until coated with oil. Add peppers; stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep vegetables from sticking.

Add tomatoes, zucchini, and herbs; mix well. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender but not too soft.

Serves 4.

then just serve with pita bread. and some fruit juice for a fruity touch

Source(s): my moms recipe for salad. soo yummy. ratitoullie http://southernfood.about.com/od/eggplantrecipes/r... im making this tommorow! =]

ask Vot for the recipe for roti. first cut up some tomatoes, garlic, pimento pepper. then you roast the eggplant over the stove. after you do this. pour some oil in the pot and leave it to get hot. when it is hot throw in the vegetables and fry it up very well. put some salt and pepper to taste. the recipe for roti i still have no idea how to make. so ask vot for it. :) there was one with stuffed eggplant. but i can barely remember how to do it. oh roti is the east indian version of bread so roti and fry eggplant or as we like to call it here bagian choka. so enjoy your meal!

take long eggplants wash n cut them in 1/4 inch pieces and fry, keep them seperate.put 1 cup yougert 1/4 cup water and salt in a bowl n mix now put the fried eggplants in them in another seperate frying pan put some crushed garlic cumin seed in oil and fry till light brown now put crushed red chilli and little fry now put all in yougart bowl n mix lightly do not cook youghrt or make it warm before eating if u do so the yougart will spoil.

• cother

Eggplant parmesan subs. Get some good, crusty Italian bread and your prominent purple sauce/marinara sauce, and provolone cheese slices. warmth oven to 375. Slice eggplant into rounds. Dunk eggplant in properly-overwhelmed egg, and dredge in breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and marjoram. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray, and place breaded eggplant rounds on sheet some million inch aside. Bake for 20-30 minutes. warmth sauce on range. convey mutually subs. eat, and luxuriate in...

they each provide a different blend of nutrients and that is why a variety of both strongly recommended by nutritionists and dietitians.

• Aaron

Fruit and Vegetables both are too Important for our body and the two are tasty so I like both.. and both are packed with VitaminsA, E, B, C and.. minerals.. and packed with energy with protein

• kjh

I bread and bake them and then make lasagna with them, or egg plant subs with spaghetti sauce.