astro5play asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

anyone with a golden retriever - does yours act like this?

does your golden lay on their back and squirm back and forth moaning? mine does it all the time. he also lays on his back holding a toy in his paws up in the air. just wondering if i have a goofy one or are they all this way

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, all of mine including the odd one in the group, my Dalmatian does that. They're just trying to scratch their backs. It feels good to them. One of my GR holds a toy in her mouth & "roach". Yes, I call it "roaching". Many other dogs do this as well, not only GRs.

Source(s): Breeder & owner of four GRs
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Lol, mine is a Retriever Setter mix and yes, he does that too. I guess most dogs have their silly side. It think its pretty funny.

• 1 decade ago

Most breed of dogs will do this, I assume to have a back scratch, it's funny to watch.

Source(s): I'm a pet sitter
  • 1 decade ago

i have a yellow lab mix gr and yes. it sometimes is an itch or wanting of a tummy rub or just being plain loopy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are all as goofy as they come. All you can do is enjoy and wish you could be that clueless and carefree yourself!

• 1 decade ago

yes my dog does that too...lol it's really funny, and he always does when we have gests over

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.