:D asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Dog destroys all toys he has?

My dog loves plush toys, but every time we get him one, he ends up taking all the insides out, and then defleas the outside until it falls apart. What can I do? He ignores all rubber and plastic toys except tennis balls, that he eventually tears apart too. I buy him chew bones to occupy him, but those are eaten by the next day. What can I do?!?!

Thanks.

• itsme
    Favorite Answer

I answered this question a few days ago. I have the same problem and these are some of the toys that work for me. Not sure what kind of dog you have, a lot of these toys are designed for Pit Bulls but any dog especially an extreme chewer can benifit from them.

If your dog is anything like my 46lb 1 year old APBT, then even the kongs for extreme chewers(the black ones) are not going to work. My dog destroys toys in like 5 minutes and even the extreme kongs shes done in an hour or two. These links i will provide are the best toys that i have come across. I own this one- http://www.petco.com/product/108783/Multipet-Nobbl...

we have had that one since she was 4 months old and she plays with it every day. Itss got good bounce and its better then tennis balls which in my house get destroyed in 5 minutes too.

then theres these http://www.pitbulllovers.com/toys-for-your-america...

I dont have any of those but the are on Pitbulllovers.com and the people that make that website have Pitts that test the toys. They tell you a little about each experiance with those coupla toys.

This rope ball my dog loves. http://www.petco.com/product/107579/PETCO-Rope-Kno...

now it is not completely indestructable but it does take her like a few weeks of solid chewing before it breaks. I have to be carful because she likes to eat the rope when it gets chewed in half, all i do is take scissors and cut the broken rope pieces off until it unravels then its time for trash. But my dog loves it and we go through one every other month. for just a few bux i think its worth it.

This is a good squeaky that so far has lasted 2 months with us...

http://www.petco.com/product/108581/JW-Pet-Ruffian...

and this website is great!! http://www.vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?...

we have the bone that is level 9 and that has been with us for 4 months. Anything on there is rated by an indestructable level so stick with level 9 and 10 ones. We tried a level 8 and it was gone in a day. They are a little expensive (i wanna get the pig one) but they are deff worth it if you like your dog to have toys.

Well i hope some of this helps you. I did buy most of the toys at petco because they tend to be cheaper there then anywhere else i found them, but a simple internet search will find them at different websites for purchase.

Good luck with your chewer.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Dog destroys all toys he has?

My dog loves plush toys, but every time we get him one, he ends up taking all the insides out, and then defleas the outside until it falls apart. What can I do? He ignores all rubber and plastic toys except tennis balls, that he eventually tears apart too. I buy him chew bones to occupy him, but...

Source(s): dog destroys toys has: https://tr.im/nVKno

Don't let him have the plush toys after the game is over. They are to PLAY with, not lay down and chew up. My German Shepherds like the "Nylabone" chews. Make sure you get the type that is NOT flexable (otherwise they can bite off hunks that can damage their insides). These bones wear away gradually. If he's not interested at first, rub a little bit of your own spit on it (sounds gross, I know, but it really can work).

Aww...i know how you feel. I'd take away all his plush toys because if he is tearing them to shreds he might be eating them as well. That can be dangerous! If you go to the pet store you can buy Kongs. My dog loves them. They are these hard plastic things that have holes in them and you buy ziggies which are treats to stuff inside. They like them because they have to work to get the treat out and it keeps them occupied. They come in puppy sizes all up to really big dog sizes too.

If you have a sewing machine or can sew your own. I have dogs that like to chew too. Take an old pair of jeans or anything denim. What I do is sew a little pillow type toy and stuff it well. I sew over the seams twice to secure it. Then I put the pillow into another pouch of denim and double stitch that shut as well.

Not a lot.

They either do or they don't to be honest.

Some keep their toys as good as new for years and others rip them to bits in seconds.

Best bet is to just stick to really cheap/free toys like plastic bottles plant pots and stuff.

Try

SimplyFido Plush toys.

Irresistibly cute and oh-so soft! These all-natural dense plush toys stand up to vigorous play. SimplyFido toys are made with safety and sustainability in mind. Colored by nature and 100% non-toxic, our toys help to create a safe and chemical free environment for your dog to play.

My dogs love them

There are toys (rubber) that you can hide treats inside that are not as destructible as stuffed playthings. My little 43 lb rescue girl is a "destroyer of toys". "Kong" brand toys have worked well. Now, if only they can make a dog bed that she won't kill. We bought he an Orvis bed that guaranteed itself to be indestructible "or your money back". Little Moxie (aka "little devil dog") had a hole torn in it before the UPS guy had left the driveway!

Stuffed dog toys aren't meant to last. If he's teething he would prefer the rubber toys. try buying many strong chew toys. He's bound to like one of them!

Hahaha!! sounds like my pitt!!! She loves plush toys and tears them apart too!! I try to keep her very active and entertained. Get a tug rope so you can play with him and take him outside alot. Try a deflated basketball. I've seen some people give their dogs empty soda bottles but I've never done that b/c idk how it is with plain plastic.

Good Luck!