Hey guys I'm confused, help?

I was looking at the undecided questions and I came across one answer that said "publishers hate prologues now, don't use them if you want to get published."

So does anyone know if there is any truth to this??

Thanks.

Apocliptic zombie: Thanks that's what I was thinking. and I see you changed you picture. I like it.

Favorite Answer

I think publishers hate unnecessary prologues. I've seen many prologues, both published and unpublished, that simply didn't have to be written in order to understand the book.

I don't know if there is any truth to what you read, but it would not surprise me. The publishing industry is very trend oriented sometimes. It would not surprise me if prologues were now out.

• Kari

I have no idea. But I doubt it. It is possible that certain publishers don't like them, and that having one could impact their decision in accepting you rmanuscript for publishing. But I doubt that every publisher hates prologues. In some stories, it can be a good thing. I think good editors or whatnot would acknowledge that, that in certain stories in enhances the experience.

okay if a prologue (or epilogue for that matter)...adds to the story or explains something confusing...then by all means write one...if not...leave it off