do employers care if you know Binary?

I am 24 and about to apply for jobs in the business world just got my aplus cert and am ready to face this struggle i am writing out my resume and I am curious if knowing how to do binary is something any employer would care about or would just be considered space filler?

To michael I do understand in parts part of the states the A+ is, well a given to anyone in the feild of Tech I have however noticed that in Florida at least my part of florida it is scarce to see. but I am seeking the N+ and security+ to complement it

Favorite Answer

From what I have seen you should put your knowledge into CV. Exactly as it is. Expect questions that correspond to your CV.

Additional questions might be related to the job you apply for. Tons of CV's might be filtered based on some job requirements. If your CV has gone through - you have a chance.

As for the binary - what do you need it for? Do you apply for a job where they need "Experts who knows binary"? No? Then don't write it.

You basically have to know some binary if A+ certified. It is like graduating from votech in auto mechanics. The employer sees you know how to rebuild an engine/transmission but the employer sees that you did not list oil/air filter replacement. You are not going to find an employer like that.

However, if the job you are applying for lists binary in the job description, that is considered a keyword which should also show up on a resume. So get into the routine of making a standard resume and storing it in multiple places including making a hardcopy. As the decades go by that hardcopy will come in handy when electronic copies disappear. I kept mine in my parents safety deposit box and updated it once a year. Then I lost all digital copies of my resume. I totally forgot what dates, addresses, supervisor names in my early years. Let alone the details of my job description. The hard copy can be in raw format with details that you can pull together to create a new resume.

I got off track. You develop a standard resume. Once you get a job description, you need to look at the keywords in the description and tweak your standard resume and create one just for that job. They may get 100s of resumes so they are looking for keywords or buzzwords that will draw more attention to your resume. Human resources maybe the first ones that see your resume and only pass along your resume to the real hiring manager if it contains a high amount of keywords. These human resource staff probably do not have A+ certification so they will not know what you are talking about when you interview with them. The hiring manager is the one that will do the technical interview.

Space filler. No one programs in binary. If you know assembly, put that. That's as low of a level language as I would put on a resume.

EDIT: Also, good luck getting a job with A+. I've had mine for a long time, and its basically useless. You need some higher certifications to do anything meaningful.

EDIT 2: No offense but you should definitely look into spell check and have someone proofread your resume. You will NOT get hired if your resume has similar language to what you have posted here.

I agree with Michael E. But not only is it a space filler, it's also a reputation killer. OF COURSE do you know how to calculate in binary! It's like saying "I know how to drive a truck AND fill up the gas tank." The former is valuable, the latter is implied by the former and stating it explicitly makes you look, well, pathetic.

Leave it off.

You really don't need to know binary for anything. Most every calculator has a converter if you need to do that. For some reason people think that binary is very hard, so if you are adept at it, a supervisor or manager might think you are hot stuff.

• Will

It wouldn't hurt. If you're not applying for a job where it's significantly needed them I don't see how it would be important, but put all the things you know on your resume, it makes you look good.

-Billy

• keels

employer company-presented scientific coverage is a huge value for employers and a huge type of small employers can no longer discover the money for it. those workers get squat. the perception of taxing the nicely-being reward of human beings who easily get them is a mechanism to fund a earnings that he needs to grant people who're no longer coated. It partly will pay for a tax credit that all and sundry and varied might desire to be wakeful in direction of their scientific coverage. As such, I see it has significant weaknesses. First, it would not fairly pay for itself. the quantity of tax credit that McCain is speaking approximately costs lots better useful than this tax ought to ever assemble. 2nd, it somewhat is one greater giveaway to those that are already getting their nicely-being plan paid for as long because of the fact of actuality the credit exceeds the tax on your nicely-being reward, a minimum of for many human beings. the greater effective your earned earnings, the closer to self sufficient it is going to become. 0.33, it is going to instant some employers to unload their nicely-being care plan, probably with out increasing workers salaries sufficient to offset the help in earnings, figuring the government will %. up the version. so as that reduces the tax it is meant to pay for those reward. it somewhat is poorly thought out, as I see it. It won't paintings.

Computer skills are good.