Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Is This Safe to go skiing when your pregnant????

Im Pregnant With Twins Boy And Girl! We Are Going To My Friends Cottage In Michigan Then We Are Flying In To Florida With My Other Two Friends!!!! We Have A Big House With A Built In pool And A Built In Hot Tub In Florida!!!! We Have A Big Lake Buy Us We Bought A Big Boat We Go Sking And Go On A Tube My Husband Usually Drives The Boat!!! Is It Safe To Go Swimming Also?? Is It Safe To Go In a Hot Tub!! Its Not Like Pregnant Pregnant Its Not A Big Tummy I Just Found Out A Week Ago!!!! Is It Safe??? Oh And we Go On Those LIttle Motor Thingys I Drive Emm!!!

I Have One Teen (Adopted) Shes 15!!! I Have One Daugters Brooke Shes Nine One Son Hes 7 Is it Safe For Them To Go On The Tube And sking!!!! For The Tube Ones A Sitting One Where We Sit In Another Is We Lay On Our Tummys And Hold On We Go Pretty Fast!!! Those Motor Things Your Know Those Small Fast THings You Stand On!!!

look all you bitches out there i know the sexes u ******* idoit assholes

We Go Pretty Slow When We Go Sking But we Sometimes Go Fast!!! We Go Coening Its Fun Can I Go In The Lake??

ALRIGHT LOOK I DONT CARE IF THE BABIES GET KILLED IM GOIN SKING IM GOIN IN THE HOTUB I DONT GIVE A F*CK

• Tasha
    Favorite Answer

Congratulations!

"Pregnant Pregnant" is treated the same as just pregnant. It doesn't matter how far along you are the same precautions still need to be taken. Even more precautions when you are carrying multiples!

Skiing and tubing are a big NO.

Any sport or activity where there is even a slight chance that you could fall is out of your life until the baby is born. Swimming is ok as long as you take frequent breaks. Your body is sending more of your oxygen to your babies so you don't get as much and could possibly pass out from lack of oxygen. ( I believe it's a 40/60% ratio)

Hot tubs are not safe while you are pregnant either. You have to maintain a specific body temp (i don't remember the exact temperature). You could overheat very quickly and without warning in a hot tub. The heat can hurt your babies. It's ok to be in warm water but not hot-even in showers and while taking a bath you need to keep the water temp lower than normal.

You need to talk to your doctor about what is safe for YOU to do since you are carrying twins I believe you're restricted more so than a mother only carrying one.

Seriously, pregnancy is only temporary so it's not the end of the world if you can't water ski, get pulled behind a boat on water tubes or jet ski. I mean big deal. Your babies are waaaay too important to lose them over some insignificant moment of water play. You will be able to do that stuff again after they are born:)

As far as whether it's safe for your other kids to go on the tube, water ski and jet ski- I believe it would all depend on how stong of swimmers they are and what the vehicle says is a safe age to ride. Don't forget to make sure everyone is wearing a floatation device. There are specific regulations on the vehicle for a reason so I would say follow those and use good judgement...even if it's someone else's judgment (it's ok to borrow if you're not sure and if it will keep your kids safe)

Have a fun but SAFE time. Always remember that you will want to look back at this outing/trip in a good light..trips to the hospital don't usually make good memories.

Added note: Why is the first letter to every word in caps in your question? It really makes it more difficult to read.

Source(s): 32 weeks preg with a girl:)

Swimming is fine- actually better than fine- it's great!... Going on a boat is fine however water skiing/boarding/tubing, jet skiing (the motor things you refer to) and snow skiing/boarding/innertubing is NOT okay- If you fall or get into a collision it could be catastrophic to the developing fetus... Hot tubs are a grey area- some MD's say OK as long as you get out if you start to feel warm- others say NO- no hot tubs at all- What I can tell you is that Hot Tubs raise your core temperature which is fine for you- however your baby can't handle increases in temperature and has no way to cool off while growing inside of you- prolonged exposure to excessive heat can cause delays in your baby's development- I've taken the cautious route- I'll put my legs in or even sit with just my bottom in the hot tub on a top step but won't immerse myself- if I begin to feel even a little bit overheated I pull out my legs etc.

• Jen

I wouldn't recommend skiing because a tumble down a hill can hurt the baby, no matter how big you are and hot tubs are a no when pregnant. You can go into a regular pool, just not a hot tub. No to the tube too. Basically you should pick a different vacation because everything you want to do is not safe while pregnant.

• the only thing safe to do is go swimming.. if you do the other stuff that you mentioned, you will end up severely hurting or killing your children especially in the hot tub. take the advice and only go swimming.

P.S. IF YOUR GOING TO TRY TO CUSS PEOPLE OUT ON THE INTERNET, AT LEAST DO A SPELL CHECK FIRST!!

WELL WELL WELL, THE TRUE TROLL COMES OUT,.... WELL WE ALL DO KNOW THAT YOUR PUNK *** ISN'T PREGNANT AND IF YOU WERE, YOU WOULDN'T BE TALKING LIKE THIS TO EVERYONE ON HERE. WHY DON'T YOU GO DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE, LIKE GO GET A STD OR SOMETHING AND STOP WITH YOUR CONSTANT BULL SH I T ON THE INTERNET. YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN REPORTED, SO HOPEFULLY OTHERS WILL REPORT YOU TO, TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT.

Source(s): currently a gestational surrogate mother and a mother to a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 year old.

Every mom has to make her own decisions. But you should never go in a hot tub when you are pregnant (it raises your body temp and is dangerous for the babies). Swimming is safe, but I would not water ski. If you fall you really could injure yourself or the babies. Jet skiing slowly may be ok, but I would not do it personally.

No it's not safe to go water skiing OR snow skiing when pregnant.

It's safe to go swimming, but not safe to be in a hot tub.

You need to see a doctor and get a pregnancy book for the facts before you take this little vacation.

NOT TO MENTION THAT YOU"RE OBVIOUSLY A TROLL BECAUE IF YOU JUST FOUDN OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT A WEEK AGO YOU WOULND'T HAVE HAD AN ULTRASOUDN TO KNOW IT'S TWINS AND YOU DEFINITELY WOULNDN'T KNOW THE SEXES YET, LIAR;

can i ask

how far along are you

because you must be atleast 17-21 wks

to know the sexes of your babies

and you said you just foundout a week ago

so im really trying to figure you out

and no hot tubs and tubes are no no

you can go swimming

no skiing neither on water or land

• kat

Swimming is fine. Avoid the hot tub (it doesn't matter how far along you are, you don't want to raise your body temperature too much) and no skiing and no jet skis (an accident might not happen but if it did it could be disastrous to your unborn child).

• Pippin

Ummm... if you just found out a week ago that you're pregnant, you couldnt' possibly know the sex.

(But in general, in early pregnancy it's safe to do any sports that have always done and are skilled at. Falling will not hurt the baby. If you were far enough along to know the sex, you would be big, and your balance would be off, making falls much more likely and more likely to hurt you.)

If you are going to make up stories you might want to check your facts, if it isn't too difficult for you.

BTW-This story sounds exactly like one I answered last week, a woman who just found out she was pregnant with twins a boy and a girl, the only differences is that you have changed the number of children that you have.

Edit: You just proved that your story is fake. No mother would ever say that she didn't care if her unborn child was killed.