Surprise party for son? should i?

My son turned 14 last week I asked him if he wanted a party and he made it very clear that he definitely didn't want to do anything for his birthday apart from go out with his friends, hes kind of in that moody/awkward stage at the moment where he just wants to be left alone he doesn't like doing the "family" thing. My sisters came over yesterday and we were joking about how funny it would be if we gave him a surprise party( a late one obviously) they're up for it and so am I but is that really mean of me? im sure he'll be cringing at the time but it would be hilarious to watch and im sure he'll be laughing in couple of years right? so what do you think a joke going too far?

• Maria

I would be pissed...

I hate surprises and if i said i didn't want a party or anything, then i obviously would mean it. He's at that awkward stage where everything is dramatic, i would just laugh at the idea but wouldn't start planning.

dont get ur son mad maybe he'll say dat he wont talk to u or something he'll be very pissed off at u if u do it but then again it will be funny

It won't work.