what are the symptoms and stages of pregnancy?

I am 1-3 weeks pregnant, but I was just wondering what all the symptoms are that should be occuring?

Update:

I've been having sex with my boyfriend now for about 3-4 weeks of and on. I took a test on thursday and it was possitive. I would have normally gotten my period about last week.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

aww you decided to keep??!

congratulations!

im so happy for you!!!

remember, your pregnancy is calculated from the first day of your last period! not from conception.

time to make a DR appointment!! Its crucial you go to the doctor for your prenatal checkups so that they can determine if the baby has any early problems that need to be resolved!

You dont need to bring a parent.

One of the first signs of pregnancy include fatigue, often times extreme, headaches and mood swings. Your emotions might seem out of whack. If you feel like crying for no reason, it's ok. Go ahead and cry

other symptoms

Implantation Bleeding:

Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping.

Other Explanations: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.

Delay/Difference in Menstruation:

A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women can bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period.

Other Explanations: Excessive weight gain/loss, fatigue, hormonal problems, tension, stress, ceasing to take the birth control pill, or breast-feeding.

Swollen/Tender Breasts:

Swollen or tender breasts is a pregnancy symptom which may begin as early as 1-2 weeks after conception. Women may notice changes in their breasts; they may be tender to the touch, sore, or swollen.

Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, impending menstruation (PMS) can also cause your breasts to be swollen or tender.

Fatigue/Tiredness:

Feeling fatigued or more tired is a pregnancy symptom which can also start as early as the first week after conception.

Other Explanations: Stress, exhaustion, depression, common cold or flu, or other illnesses can also leave you feeling tired or fatigued.

Nausea/Morning Sickness:

This well-known pregnancy symptom will often show up between 2-8 weeks after conception. Some women are fortunate to not deal with morning sickness at all, while others will feel nauseous throughout most of their pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Food poisoning, stress, or other stomach disorders can also cause you to feel queasy.

Backaches:

Lower backaches may be a symptom that occurs early in pregnancy; however, it is common to experience a dull backache throughout an entire pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Impending menstruation, stress, other back problems, and physical or mental strains.

Headaches:

The sudden rise of hormones in your body can cause you to have headaches early in pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Dehydration, caffeine withdrawal, impending menstruation, eye strain, or other ailments can be the source of frequent or chronic headaches.

Frequent Urination:

Around 6-8 weeks after conception, you may find yourself making a few extra trips to the bathroom.

Other Explanations: Urinary tract infection, diabetes, increasing liquid intake, or taking excessive diuretics.

Darkening of Areolas:

If you are pregnant, the skin around your nipples may get darker.

Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance unrelated to pregnancy or may be a leftover effect from a previous pregnancy.

Food Cravings:

While you may not have a strong desire to eat pickles and ice cream, many women will feel cravings for certain foods when they are pregnant. This can last throughout your entire pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Poor diet, lack of a certain nutrient, stress, depression, or impending menstruation.

first trimester is conception to three months

second trimester is 4 months to 6 months

third trimester is months 7 to 9

month one

your first month of pregnancy, your baby is the size of a dime

he will be a half inch long by the end if this month. his heart has begin beating.

month two

all of your babys organs are here now!!

morning sickness, usually starts about now. some women are lucky and dont have any morning sickness ever.

prenatal vitamins are very important to prevent birth defects

month three

you can hear your babys heartbeat through a stethascope. he weighs a little over a month.

**second trimester!**

month four

you should start feeling your baby move this month!

some dont feel it until the fifth month. it should feel like "fluttering" in your stomach

you baby is around 7 inches long.

month five

you should be able to tell if your having a boy or a girl on the ultrasound

your baby weighs about a pound.

you should be having more energy now, and people may tell you that you glow!!

month six

your baby is on the move!! rolling and kicking!he may start to suck his thumb

he is about 12 inches and weighs a pound and a half

**third trimester**

month seven

Vigorous kicking! You can't believe it! Your baby will grow alot during this month. you may experiance cramps in your legs and feet due to lack of calcium. be sure your keeping up your your prenatal vitamins!!braxton hicks are very common this month

month eight

you may feel a foot by your ribcage. Your baby weighs about 4 pounds, and is 16 inches long. One more month to go!!

. Heartburn and indigestion become apparent. You may feel short of breath. The tired feelings you had early in pregnancy return. If you have trouble sleeping, place a pillow between your knees and sleep on your side. If your baby disturbs you by kicking while you sleep, turn to the other side. Most babies favor one side over the other

month nine

Its time!!!!! Your baby will gain approximately two pounds this month and measure between 19 - 21 inches long. this is your last month!! enjoy it! You may feel a surge of energy a few days before you begin labor. Your baby's head will drop into your pelvic area sending you to the bathroom more. Breathing should become easier. The mucus plug will expel this month which means labor is eminent. When this happens labor may be hours, days or as long as two weeks away

• 1 decade ago

Do you know for sure that you are pregnant? There is no 1 week pregnant. Pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period and conception doesn't even occur until about 2 weeks after the start of your period. So if you are one week pregnant then you would be on your period, if you are two weeks pregnant then conception would be occurring, if you were three pregnant then implantation would be starting. At four weeks pregnant you find out that you are pregnant. If you know for sure that you are pregnant then you are at least 4 weeks pregnant.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

At 3 weeks pregnant you have JUST ovulated and the egg hasn't even implanted yet. (Pregnancies are dated from the first day of the last menstrual period). Even if you mean 1-3 weeks from conception or 1-3 weeks from the missed period, there are no symptoms you are 'supposed to' have. Some women have no symptoms at all for several weeks.

You MIGHT have nausea and/or sore breasts and/or fatigue and/or frequent urination ... or nothing at all.

• hoehl
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Hi, Yea I'd say it's on the whole a bit early to be displaying signs..I best had an suggestion I possibly whilst I used to be approximately 6 weeks pregnant. Also my first symptom used to be breast tenderness, I had no different signs till slightly later round two-three months. I on no account had an disappointed belly, wasnt worn out at that factor, and I wasnt moody, wasnt consuming extra or had gasoline..I've on no account heard of the ones as early being pregnant signs, specifically as quickly as two-three weeks. And no pull out system doesnt continuously paintings. But take a being pregnant experiment besides, I believe theyre robust approximately 10 days after your neglected interval..however seeing as you dont recognize whilst that's take one now and spot.If its bad and you continue to think you possibly pregnant take an additional one in two weeks

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.