mkh2013 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What are some calorie free or low calorie foods?

I know there are sugar free jellos and diet sodas but what else is there that have no calories? Is it true that these really don't contain any calories?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yesss!! omg suger free jello is like my favorite food cause it only has 10 calories per cup!!! it is soo amazing, so is diet soda!!! There is almond milk as a substitute for regular milk, it isn't calorie free but it only has 40 calories in a cup. Carrots are pretty low calorie, and celery supposadly burns more calories digesting it than it gives you. Boiled cabbage in vinager is really good too, it has almost no calories per serving, and it tastes really good, also viniger is supposed to block fat. Hmm, there is minute maid light lemonade, it is really good and it only has 5 calories per can. Apples are low calorie...strawberrys and blueberries are good too cause they are really low calorie, and they speed your metabolism up! And splenda is like my favorite thing ever because it tastes like sugar, and it has no calories!!! XD

• TJTB
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There are some foods that not only don't have many calories, but it takes MORE calories to digest them than they provide. These are called negative calorie foods:

http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Free_List_of_Negat...

Here they are in case you can't view the link:

Asparagus

Aubergine

Beets

Brocolli

Cabbage

Carrots

Cauliflower

Celery

Chicory

Chili peppers

Cress

Cucumbers

Dandelion

Endive

Fennel

Garlic

Green beans

Lettuce

Onions

Radishes

Spinach

Turnip

Zuccini

Fruit With Negative Calories

Turns out, you can even feed your sweet tooth on a negative calorie food diet... with juicy, sweet fruit. The following can be enjoyed freely:

Apples

Apricots

Blackberries

Cantaloupes

Cranberries

Grapefruit

Guava

Lemons

Mangoes

Oranges

Papayas

Peaches

Pineapples

Plums

Prunes

Raspberries

Strawberries

Tangerines

Tomatoes

Watermelon

What About Protein?

Protein and dairy are noticeably absent from the free list of negative calorie foods. Unfortunately, there are no meats, poultry, or dairy foods that have fewer calories than it takes to digest them. For this reason, it would be difficult to eat a truly balanced diet consisting solely of negative calorie foods, especially in the long term. A more moderate approach is to simply add negative calorie foods into your diet, rather than making them the entire focus of your eating plan.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, i heard that diet pop has between 1-4 calories in a can. Also, i know of low calorie yogurt. Source has 35 calories for 100 grams, and Sillouhette has 40 calories for 100 grams. Otherwise, try eating salads and veggies & fruit, their pretty low calorie.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

purchase your self some Dole Fruit bowls as snakcs, they arrive in categories of fruites. additionally, you've granola bars. i like the character Valley Honey Oats. And in case you're on the pass, detect a close by Jamba Juice or Juice It UP! and get your self a delectable smoothie. I additionally run to get fats loose yogurt. hand-crafted ice cream isn't that undesirable the two, yet you may desire to be attentive to the thank you to do it. reliable success!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.