curious if christians believe in aliens?

do you christians believe in aliens, are you even allowed to believe in aliens? it seems to me that if you believe in a all powerful god smart enough to create human life then it would only be logical that with the size of the universe he could create extraterestrial life somewhere else out there.

Favorite Answer

Yes, i do. A Universe without life other than this planet would be so absurd as to provide very strong evidence for the non-existence of God. And with that, i've just realised what it would take for me to become atheist.

Some of us do, some of us don't.

Many Christians find it contrary to their belief system. Some theologies suggest that earth is a testing spot of sorts, a place to see if visible creatures will remain faithful to God under test. Where such a theology exists in a religion, the adherents of that denomination will logically not believe in alien life forms.

Other denominations see no conflict. They acknowledge the exact same thing you mention, that if there is an all-powerful God smart enough to create life on Earth, why not extraterrestrial life somewhere else in the universe?

Since there are no official declarations regarding extraterrestrial life on behalf of most religious bodies, your answer will differ depending on who you ask.

As a Roman Catholic, my theology neither advances nor excludes the possibility of extraterrestrial life existing somewhere in the physical universe.

There is no prescribed doctrine on whether other life exists in the Universe within the Christian faith. I am a Christian and I believe that there would most certainly be other planets supporting life. However I have a minor in physics and realize that "space aliens" have never visited this planet.

The statistical near certainty of alien life is no threat to my faith. Indeed, I would be very surprised if it turned out that life here was unique. And alien life may be closer than you think - it may well still turn out that there is simple life forms on Mars, or under the ice covered seas of one of the Jovian moons.

I don't know that their are aliens out there but I do believe that there is something but not sure what.I think we need to just stop going into space before something does happen.

Source(s): Christian
  • lins

They should.. at least aliens existing is a lot more logical and possible than a god.

I'll put it this way: If an alien showed up on my doorstep tonight, it would not be a challenge to my faith. It would simply be very cool.

sure... why not.... I am certain that God has planted seeds all over the universe... and I am certain that he has made provision for their needs just as He has for ours here on Earth...