Spam asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

My friend is being abused, what should i do?

Her father is abusing her but she is afraid to call the police because with out him, the family is screwed. They wont be able to pay the bills or afford anything. So what should I do?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Call the police or social services. It is better to live life with less than be afraid and hurt all the time than have more and be in fear everyday. Social services can help with some financial help they just have to ask.

• 1 decade ago

Her family will get by without him,

He may be the main income provider, but they will find another way to pay the bills, even if it means having to clame benefits or get extra jobs.

Worrying about how the family will get by with out him is probably how he stops her telling anyone about the abuse, he has probably convinced her that they can't possibly survive without him, when really that's total rubbish.

Try and get her to talk to a teacher or maybe even your parents, it doesn't have to be the police she talks to first.

Maybe you should even tell your parents, if they are understanding and suportive, they can give you advice on how to help your friend, then you can convince your friend to talk to them, because you know they will understand and help her.

Remember her family WILL survive without him, your friends life will be ruined for ever if the abuse continues.

Source(s): Personal experience with abuse.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should call the police. Think of it this way. Without him, the family would be afraid to pay the bills and work.

If he stays, the family suffers.

If he's gone, the family MIGHT suffer, but there is a chance that they'll get back on their feet and make it through.

• 1 decade ago

Um being abused is worse than not paying bills. They can get help for the abuse and for the bills. Call a social worker and google to find a local number for abuse. If you want to remain anonymous you can.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Is the mom in the picture? If so it is her responsibility to get her family out of the situation, and it is possible. She'll need to contact agencies in her area that offer assistance to victims of abuse, but it will require documentation such as a police report. Its never a good idea to stay in a relationship that's harmful for financial reasons. I suggest she trust her gut instinct and get out while she can.

• 1 decade ago

Be there for her when ever she needs. Get your parents involved just in case it gets too crazy. If shes physically abused, take pictures. Let her stay over with you more. Get info ready for the family regarding shelters, abuse help offices and legal help. Its nly a mater of time before someone gets hurt. The mom CAN get help and doesn't need to allow this.

• 1 decade ago

Ok so your saying she gets abused day in and day out, that will affect who she is and what she will become or the bills being paid.... Hmmm maybe your friend needs to wonder if she likes the abuse or not... I would go to the cops, have his *** arrested, and then start living an abuse free life...

• 1 decade ago

Talk to her tell her how you feel in private. Regardless if they are screwed or not he is breaking the Law there are places that can help. If It is a life threatening situation call the police yourself It could save her and others lives. Talk to your parents also let them know you are struggling with what to do .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Better to be poor and happy than to be rich and miserable! She needs to call the police ASAP! And maybe you should talk to someone who can get her help. Plus even if the family did split up, there are plenty of places out there that will help pay bills! :)

http://www.dosomething.org/actnow/actionguide/help...

• 1 decade ago

i have the same prob. my friends dad abuses her because her parents got a divorce and hes mad that she choose her mom over him so he gets drunk and hits her. and they have like no money so they cant take him to court. he locks her out and all of this stuff. so she runs to her friends house which is like 3 houses down. so if you friend has nice neighbors or nearby friends she can run there. also i told my mom that my friend has this problem so whenever he is like this she can call me on my cell which i always have on for her and we can come and pick her up and she can stay with us for a few days b4 we drop her off at her moms house. so i really hope i help!! good luck to u and ur friend!!! i hope ur friend can do something about her dad!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.