Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

why do my farts smell like rotten eggs when i haven't been eating eggs?

can we have a deep intellectual discussion about farts? lets hear some fart talk. even get scientific about it if you want to. why do my farts smell like rotten eggs when i haven't been eating eggs?

Favorite Answer

It is called "sulfur." Sulfur is in all human bodies, as it is an organic element. You are smelling sulfur when you fart.

LOL they smell pretty much the same... but I'll go with cat farts because usually it's easier to get rid of the rotten eggs...

Rotten Fart Smell

Chemical reactions between stomach acids and and intestinal fluids may produce carbon dioxide which is also a component of bacterial action.

Bacteria also produce hydrogen and methane.

But factors which alter farts- how much air we swallow, what we ate,how long we hold in the farts and what kinds of bacteria in our intestines!

The more sulfur rich your diet-the more the stench!

Did you have any cauliflowerr?Hydrogen Sulfide gas and mercaptans are produced by bacteria in your gut causing that rotten egg smell ! Enjoy!

It's sulfur. When I eat cabbage, cauliflower, pickles, or brussel sprouts, I clear the room all of the time.

One lady at work gags when I fart.

H2S... Both rotten eggs and fart contains H2S

methane. change your diet a bit to include fruits, your body is not equipped to deal a/ the preservatives in the processed foods your eating. fewer fatty red meats, and way less fast food.

I cup my farts and smell them when nobody's around, everybody loves their own brew

mmmmm. taco bell. does the trick for me. then i fluff the covers for my wife.

thats real love.

Because you drink too much beer.

Source(s): FCVT