Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

why do my farts smell like rotten eggs when i haven't been eating eggs?

can we have a deep intellectual discussion about farts? lets hear some fart talk. even get scientific about it if you want to. why do my farts smell like rotten eggs when i haven't been eating eggs?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is called "sulfur." Sulfur is in all human bodies, as it is an organic element. You are smelling sulfur when you fart.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

LOL they smell pretty much the same... but I'll go with cat farts because usually it's easier to get rid of the rotten eggs...

• 4 years ago

Rotten Fart Smell

• 1 decade ago

Chemical reactions between stomach acids and and intestinal fluids may produce carbon dioxide which is also a component of bacterial action.

Bacteria also produce hydrogen and methane.

But factors which alter farts- how much air we swallow, what we ate,how long we hold in the farts and what kinds of bacteria in our intestines!

The more sulfur rich your diet-the more the stench!

Did you have any cauliflowerr?Hydrogen Sulfide gas and mercaptans are produced by bacteria in your gut causing that rotten egg smell ! Enjoy!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's sulfur. When I eat cabbage, cauliflower, pickles, or brussel sprouts, I clear the room all of the time.

One lady at work gags when I fart.

• 1 decade ago

H2S... Both rotten eggs and fart contains H2S

• 1 decade ago

methane. change your diet a bit to include fruits, your body is not equipped to deal a/ the preservatives in the processed foods your eating. fewer fatty red meats, and way less fast food.

• 1 decade ago

I cup my farts and smell them when nobody's around, everybody loves their own brew

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mmmmm. taco bell. does the trick for me. then i fluff the covers for my wife.

thats real love.

• 1 decade ago

Because you drink too much beer.

Source(s): FCVT
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.