Ewok
Ewok asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

willl yahoo answers ever do anything about all the spammers?

seriously i try to report them everytime i see them but now they are getting like 2 or 3 answers per question now, plus i get no reward for reeporting them

Favorite Answer

They implemented the 'no active link for Level 1 users' rule a while ago in an effort to slow down or stop them -- and the spammers quickly found a way around that restriction.

The staff does what it can to try and block the spammers, but it is an endless task here, just like it is in your email. Blockers of IP addresses fail because they use dynamic IP addresses. They hack the code, create bots, and use other illegal ways to do this, so it is very difficult to keep up with them.

When you report, remember to click the TOP button and type SPAM into the text box. If possible, try to report 6 of the answers from the SAME account, but no more than that. 6 reports alerts the staff to find, strip and suspend the account. More than 6 may negatively impact your own reporting trust level.

Nope. But I've done some other Countries on purpose. I didn't think and I still don't think they have a Japan section.

• Bob S

I think they either work for Yahoo or are a desired part of their traffic flow.