Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 decade ago

So.... everyone says junior year is the hardest one. Any advice?

Everyone says it's the hardest as far as classes and I'm taking mostly AP so yeah. Just any advice as far as time management or anything else.

Favorite Answer

The only reason junior year is considered the hardest year is because those are the last grades that will go on your high school transcript before you apply to college. If you're taking AP courses, go to course-notes.org. It has tons of reliable information, especially for those pesky AP social studies and history classes.

As for time management, invest in a planner to record important events and due dates. It would not be very helpful if you forget to turn in an AP English Comp term paper. Only you can tell how long you need to study for something, so I'm not even going to get into that.

Be sure you don't overbook yourself (chess club! tennis! piano! NHS! candy striping!).

Last notes, take the PSAT, SAT and/or ACT this year. REMEMBER TO TAKE THE PSAT. This is the year it counts for National Merit.

If you need any advice, feel free to contact me.

Source(s): Senior.

I took all AP courses except 2 honors classes. I was also VP of SADD, co-captain on Varsity Soccer, Class Secretary... You get the point.

I wish I would've focused more on my ACT/SAT (I only got a 26 on my ACT!)... That's one piece of advice I can give you. Also, make sure you have a list of colleges you'd like to apply to by the end of your junior year. Ask at least one teacher to write you a college recommendation letter before school lets out for the summer...

Seriously, just try to keep your GPA up. This is your last chance to make some serious improvements if needed. You'll have some fun junior year, but you'll also have a crap load of work. Do the best you can, when you can.

Source(s): Senior.
  • AP isn't that big of a deal some colleges won't even except AP credits.

A social life is that last thing you'll need this year.