Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsGolf · 1 decade ago

Do you consider this a talent or just lucky?

i am 13 yrs old and i am a girl. and when i golf i can hit the ball 100-200 yards. i am better than my 16 yr old (boy) cousin, and my uncle and my other (boy) cousin who is an adult. do u consider me just lucky or is this a gift? and everybody says i am like the next tiger woods. what do u think?

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you have a natural ability for swinging a club. That isn't luck. Congrats! Just don't take the game, or your swing, for granted. Practice, practice, practice.

If you want something, you have to work hard for it... keep trying to improve yourself. Good Luck!

Sorry to rain on your parade, but this is normal for a 13 year old girl. Your cousins and uncle just probably suck at golf. Most guys do suck. I used to play in tournaments as a 13 year old (this was 5 years ago) and many of the girls can hit up to 220-240 with their driver. Plus Tiger Woods hits much farther than 200 yards.

Sorry to rain on your parade but you could well be the best ball striker ever, but to be better than Tiger you would need to be stronger mentally than he is and so far no other golfer has come close.. Think about all those curly 20yard putts he holes to win important events every other golfer on the planet would just lag and take the play off.. Work in progress for you I think..

most top junior girls your age are hitting the ball almost 50 yards further and are probably shooting 10 strokes better at least, if you work very hard and practice often you could get to be a pro, but right now you are probably above average, but don't lose hope

your uncle and cousins could suck... depnds on what you shoot plus you are probably playing from tees that are 100 yarrdds up on every hole... that plays a huge factor... but who knows you could be very very good... :) just keep practicing and get even better (:P <- (thats a person with a hat)

maybe everyone you're playing with just sucks? And btw, 100 yrds...ummm

i think your lucky to get that gift

Yes, you are very good. My dad even thinks so!