Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

7 Weeks Pregnant and I'm Really Worried!?

Today I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I haven't had any bleeding of any kind but I've got white and sometimes yellow thick mucus discharge. 4 days ago I went to the ER because I was having a sharp pain in my lower left abdomen and the doctor said that I had some hemorhaging on the placenta. Also, when they did the vaginal ultrasound they couldn't see the heartbeat. I know its too soon to hear it but they couldn't see it and it really worries me. I've also had some menstral like cramps in my back and lower abdomen. Do you think my baby will be alright?? Does it sound like I'm trying to miscarry??

Favorite Answer

You need to make an appointment with your OBGYN immediately. At my first prenatal appointment, I was 7 weeks exactly, and they had not the slightest problem finding the heartbeat during my U/S. Miscarriage can happen very fast. I went in for my 11 week appointment, everything perfectly fine, nice strong heartbeat. The morning of my next monthly appointment (at 15 weeks) I found blood in my underwear and had terrible pain in my lower stomach, and when I had my U/S it was confirmed I miscarried. I had absolutely NO symptoms until that morning. Not even slight cramping. Usually by the time you have symptoms of miscarriage, it's already too late to do anything about it. Please see your doctor. I don't want anyone to have to go through this.

Source(s): Personal experience

I wouldn't think about Miscarry right now!!! Don't think that. As a matter of a fact my mother got hemorhaging when she was 7 months pregnant with me, which was completely normal. You're saying 7 weeks? That doesn't sound good.... but I could be mistakenly wrong. I'm not a medical doctor, but I would say that you are trying to develope the baby, which means some expanding. I don't know if I were you I would keep buying those sticks the see if youre still pregnant or not. I hope this helps.

Some lady have recognizing in early being pregnant and it's not anything, however you have to get to a document to uncover out. You might be having a miscarriage. A being pregnant experiment will exhibit up constructive till you hormones go back to pre-being pregnant stages - this approach takes weeks and must be monitered via an MD. It is essential that you simply see a document as a D & C is also integral. Wishing you the fine.

Thick discharge and cramps are veryyyy normal! the discharge is your bodys way of bringing in help to prevent infections, and the cramps are your uterus stretching. i also went to the ER at 7 weeks, but they could see a heartbeat, and we also heard it on the ultrasound machine. but everyone is different and if your dates are off or the baby was in the wrong position this could prevent the heartbeat from being seen or heard. as long as theres no bleeding or unbearable pains just try to hang in there, everything should be alright. good luck!

OK Im not a doctor but it sounds like either something is wrong with the development of the fetus. It could be stuck growing in your fallopian tube, that would be really painful. If your doctor hasn't given you anything to be concerned about so dont stress it just yet.

Also the mucus like discharge is normal. You body is trying to create the mucus plug that will stay in your cervix until labor, it could be that it is having trouble forming, this would account for the menstrual like cramps and back pain. Keep you OB/GYN informed of anything new happening.

heartbeats start at 6 weeks and discharge is normal when its milky and no to mild oder. As far as the cramping sometime the round ligaments stretching out can seem like cramps but there normal i am not a doc but am 15 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and think that the worst thing u can do is stress out. Hope all is well:) and babycenter.com has good informative q and a.

THE DIFF. COLORED MUCAS SOUNDS LIKE THERES A INFECTION SOMEWHERE- DR. CAN TAKE TEST TO DIAGNOSE AND VERIFY THIS. THE PAIN IN YOUR LOWER ABDOMIN COULD BE NOTHING OR IT COULD BE AN ECTOPIC- ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE NOT FINDING THE HEARTBEAT. OR IT COULD BE TOO SOON TO EVEN HEAR THE HEARTBEAT. HOWEVER, A FEW ULTRAOUNDS CAN BE PERFORMED TO DETERMINE IF IT IS ECTOPIC OR IF THE FETUS IS SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN IN THE UTERUS . BLOOD TEST CAN ALSO SHOW THE HCG'S TO SHOW IF THE FETUS IS VIABLE OR MISCARRIING, IT DOES SOMETIMES TAKE A FEW REPEATED BLOOD TEST TO SHOW INCREASES OR DECREASES IN THE PREG. HORMONE. TAKE IT EASY, IF THE PLACENTA DID HEMORAGE, IT COULD MISCARRY. EVEN WITH REST AND TESTING, A MISCARIAGE WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS ITS A VERY HARD THING TO HEAR, BUT IVE BEEN THROUGH IOT TWICE WITH A RECENT ECTOPIC ON TOP. HAVE FAITH.. GOODLUCK.

You said so yourself: They couldn't see it because it was too early to see the heartbeat. You need to see your OB/GYN for further testing.