Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Friend got DUI on Wii?

my friend was at an at an outdoor party, and admitedly drank a little too much.

They were playing a driving game on a Wii outside, and were observed by a cop after my friend ran into the wall, and he was given a DUI after beign tested at .089

This was on private property - can they do this?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I believe you and they can't do that because he wasn't driving. DUI Driving Under the Influence. So he wasn't driving. If this could really happen, then they could convict people for crimes they do in their dreams!

He could get a trip to the White House because the cop acted stupidly!

Source(s): Obahma
  • 4 years ago

On probation for DUI and caught driving mutually as below the effect of alcohol lower back ... the choose has no reason to be lenient in any respect, particularly on condition that the offenses handed off interior of 6 months. i'd agree that he's in all probability going to detention center for a 300 and sixty 5 days, his license would be suspended for a protracted time, and he will blow approximately $10,000 paying fines, costs, surcharges,and so on. Being that he's a threat to each physique in the community (driving mutually as plastered) i'm hoping he intends to get some help for his obvious ingesting project. Who is familiar with, perhaps the subsequent time he won't hit a ditch, that's a minivan with a family interior.

• JB
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Wii is a video game. It is not a motor vehicle. A cop would not give someone a DUI on a video game. A video game cannot run into a wall.

Nice try, but I don't see anyone believing your story.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your friend can go to Wii Jail for this. It's just a good thing that the arresting officer wasn't Solid Snake from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or your friend would have received a severe beatdown. King Dedede would have been a problem, too -- he probably would have smashed your friend with a giant hammer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LH
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Only if the cop in question 1)put on his/her hat before writing the summons and 2)was using the wrist strap on their Wii properly for safety.

• That obviously depends on the driving game.

What kind of fool doesn't include that in a question like this?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. I don't believe you.

2. If it did happen it will never make it past a preliminary hearing. He wasn't driving.

• Panda
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

um, you don't get DUIs while playing video games.

• A.J.
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

we todd ed?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.