How many of you went through sucessful pregnancy after 1st miscarriage?

hi guys

i had miscarriage in November 2008 i was 8 weeks pregnant,i didnt have DC just end up bleeding and passing.

But Im wondering is it possible to actually go thorugh completly healthy pregnancy 2 time even after 1 miscarriage?

Im thinking about tryng again but im scared that the same situation might happen and im petrified:(

Favorite Answer

I did and both of mine are now in college. Yaaay..I'm older than dirt.

that is a big coincidence. I am a high risk preg and was with my son as well and had transvaginal sonos throughout my preg with both preg every week with my son until like 28 weeks and every 2 weeks with this preg until 34 weeks the only thing that i ever got from getting them was with my son i would feel a lot of cramping afterwards which is normal. Its not like they go up into your uterus or anything the probe probably goes in less than if you had sex so i don't see how it could cause a miscarriage. Your wife should now be checked for bleeding disorders that can cause miscarriages and sometimes go undiagnosed, also she should have and you to some genetic testing before she gets preg again. I'm not saying that the transvaginal ultrasound definitly can't cause those complications because i don't know for sure, but i don't think the docs would do it if the risk was micarriage and unfortunatly its the only way in early preg to really visualize the baby and cervix very good. I am so sorry for your loss, but now be on a mission to find out why this is happening educate yourselves as much as you can so you can get the proper tests done to find out why. The first thing you need to do is make an appointment with a maternal fetal specialist they will do all kinds of testing to see if something is wrong and how to fix it. Don't bother with regualr ob docs right now. call your insurance company and find out where in your area you can find one of these specialist. I am sorry for your loss and good luck

I have had two miscarriages. One before my first child was born. I had no issues while pregnant with my daughter. Like you I didn't have a DC.

I had my second in November. At the first ultrasound they found no heartbeat so I had to have a DC. Amazingly I got prego with my lil guy not ever six weeks after the DC and I am due in October. It was a rough first 3 months as I worried that I would lose him. But he is very healthy and strong(kicking me while I type this). As my OB said miscarriages rarely happen back to back.

So do be afraid to try for another baby. Good luck!

I had a miscarriage in June 2005 and got pregnant in October of the same year & on June 20 2006 gave birth two a beautiful son

• Punky

I am so sorry for what you went through. I was told I would miscarry at seven weeks by two doctors based on a scan and I was devestated. I didn't miscarry however, but just the thought of going through it was so horrible.

That said, first trimester miscarriages are very common. A lot of women miscarry before they knew they were pregnant and attribute it to a heavier than normal period.

I have two friends who lost their first pregnancies and delivered healthy baby boys with their second pregnancy.

I can completely understand why you are afraid to try again, but I am sure you are completely able of carrying a child to term.

Best of luck and baby dust!

I went through two, one in 2004 and another last year in 2008. But I got pregnant again this year in April and everything is going great! I'm about 16 weeks and the baby is moving and the ultrasound pics look wonderful. It's hard not to worry, but just try to think of your little one pleasantly.

It's actually fairly common for a woman to lose her 1st pregnancy. It's scary how many women have suffered a miscarriage.

I have multiple female health problems and lost my first pregnancy at 9 weeks.

I then went on to have a 2nd healthy pregnancy that I carried for 40 weeks despite numerous doctors thinking I would never be able to carry a child to term.

It's scary, but giver yourself time to heal physically and emotionally. Also all pregnancies are different.

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. Then I got pregnant a year later and my pregnancy was successful.

I had a miscarriage and D&C in march and one month later got pregnant w/o a period inbetween and so far so good. Your chances arent increased is what the doc says their the same as anyone else's.

my aunt had 3 miscarriages and had another die at birth, she went on to have to healthy and beautiful baby girls

I know someone who did and the boy is now two. You wont know unless you try so just try to stay calm and relax about the whole situation.. You can also talk to you OBGYN about it..