krissie asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

What type of flea preventative should I use?

My 5 pound pomeranian is allergic to fleas. She has very sensitive skin, so cant use anything that is going to harm her. She is currently using K9 Advantix but it doesnt seem to work. So tell me what I should use.

Favorite Answer

Frontline PLUS and make sure its plus...it kills the fleas, larvae, and eggs as well as ticks and it is waterproof so you can still bathe her....

• Lizzie

Since your vet knows a lot more about your dog than those of us out here in Answers Land, your vet is the one to ask about the best flea preventive approach for your dog. You may need a combination of products, and to treat more than just the dog. A phone call to your vet will give you exactly the answers you want and need to have. And it's free, too!

Give her Sentinel! It's a pill that prevents fleas, ticks, and heart-worms all in one! It works great and ever since we got our pup and started giving it to her, the fleas that our cats had went away too. You give it once a month and it works great! Hope this helped! :)

I highly recommend Frontline Plus.

use your dog as toilet paper the shiitt from your asss will get rid of the fleas.

i use frontline on my rat terrier. works great for her

you should take her to the vet only he/she can tell you what to use!