What does this Chinese letter say in English? (10 points best answer)?

I need to know basically the whole thing. If someone could give me an English translation that would be great. If anyone can type out the Chinese characters for me that would be great as well. Thank you!

http://i31.tinypic.com/biw8ra.jpg

Favorite Answer

芸兒奶晤九月三日信到你們計畫搬家到加州時橫渡新

大陸看看美國的全貌這一計畫壯則壯矣不過你們是

否考慮到長途開車的困難和孩子們的負擔尤其是

阿策只有三四個月的乳初兒是否經得起途中氣候

的變化希望作周密的考慮最好和主治醫生商量為要

挾去支票係新彬嬸由洛山磯寄來的「病氣?見舞」

對我來講比較申請小額匯款更為便利?已將它轉寄

給你,你們在貫兒處會到莊生你兄及莊生均有來信

你兄對阿策似乎很欣賞

竹山親家日前寄來小慧訂婚禮餅一盒但不知他們幾

時舉行婚禮也

父字

1978 九月十九日

This is written in Simplified Chinese. I read traditional Chinese and I can understand most of it. I type it in traditional way hope you don’t mind. Here is my translation in poor English. 

9/3 I knew that you plan to move to California, that is a great plan to see the whole America. But do you ever consider that the difficulties of long-distance driving and the burden of children? Especially for 阿策, he is just a newborn baby of three to four months. Can he resist the climate change on the way? Hope you can make a prepared plan and have better talk to the visiting staff. The check was from 新彬嬸, who lives in Los Angeles. The check is more convenient to me than to apply a little amount of money. I have forwarded it to you. Both of your brother and 莊生 had wrote letters. Your brother seems to like 阿策 very much.

The relatives from 竹山sent us an engage cake from小慧, but they didn’t tell us when the wedding will be held.

Written by Father

1978/9/19

Source(s): I'm Chinese