How long does it take for a couple to start talking about marriage?

My cousin just finished her sophomore year of college, and she and her boyfriend have been dating for a good 3-4 years. They've been talking about getting married for a while, he's even bought her a promise ring but he hasn't proposed to her. I was wondering, on average, how long does it take from the first date to start talking about marriage? Not exactly proposing, but just talking about it, saying things like "oh i'd love to get married in the summer" or "i can really see myself spending the rest of my life with you." Thanks for any answers.

Favorite Answer

It depends on how old the couple is and where they are in their life. But any where from a few weeks to never.

Depends on the couple.

For instance I think it's VERY intelligent of your cousins boyfriend to wait until AFTER college to propose. Shows maturity and responsibility.

My husband and I were friends for 2-3 years before dating. Dated a year before proposing and married in a small wedding a few months after that.

We are 6 years strong and looking to a happy future.

we waited about a year, were engaged for a year and have been married for a year. We have a dog and three horses.

• When the woman feels that the man can be suckered, she will strike.