Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How to become a wicca? What to do?

How can i be a wiccan? I'm 13 and i have grown up a lutheran. I dont like my religion and i love the beliefs of wicca. What will i need? Books,herbs, and magic tools? Where can i get them? I live in elk grove CA.

Thank you people who rated that weird woman low(:

I AM NOT LYING TO MY PARENTS! And i did not ask for your opinions. I don not care what you think of me. As i do not judge.

Favorite Answer

as previously stated get anything by Scott Cunningham and pick up "the Craft" by Dorthy Morrison. Research online. Wicca is a religion for which you do not need herbs and such (just offerings and maybe some symbols for your god and goddess (which I would research too). however after you have researched and you want to get into the withccraft thing (i wouldnt do it without telling your parents or getting older because there are negative thngs in the world and until you fully understand what you are doing it is possible there could be accidents) then you will need some tools but like i said...research first. Second dont listen to what other people say (your going to hell...blah blah blah ) those people are closed minded people who cant see anything more than what they have been brainwashed to see. Thirdly...be proud but not too proud. At your age (and the years to come with high school) people are very judgemental. There is a good chance that if you tell certain people they will ostricize you. Pick one or two good friends who you dont think will care (or even better if they support you) and tell them if you want but dont make a scene out of it...you will be labled a freak, heathan, or wannabe. But dont cut yourself away from your friends you know.

One site that has a very good goddess/god finder is www.pagannews.com

go there go to tools and goddee/god finder and then they have a list you can sort through by almost any aspect...name, influence, pantheon. I work mostly with the Goddess Nyx. She is may favorite, whenever I have trouble sleeping she is always there to help, or if i am in a fight with someone.

I know this is cofusing but if you have any questions just email me on my profile

Source(s): 18...been wiccan for 3 years...soon to be witch

1) Ignore the fundies saying you’ll go to hell and are opening yourself up to demons. They don’t believe in either.

2) Get the book: Wicca, a Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham (Amazon.com used books is a great resource)

3) Avoid Silver Ravenwolf, DJ Conway and most Llewellyn books

4) Do NOT pay for lessons over the internet. You can’t ask for references. Do NOT give out personal information to anyone over the internet. Get a PO Box.

5) www.witchvox.com http://wicca.timerift.net/

6) Learn and keep learning about various paths in paganism.

7) get the book: "Drawing Down the Moon" by Margo Adler (an older book that's a little dated, especially concerning Asatru but a good resource) - it gives an overview on a lot of pagan traditions.

You can make your tools from stuff you find at craft or thrift stores.

Start with a notebook - 3 ring binder works well.

Religion is within you, if you want to change just change! However, it may be hard telling your parents. I know a lot of people who have had a hard time! All you need to do is worship the God and Goddess and follow the ethics of Wicca and you're there!

Ok, to begin I would learn as much as possible about it so I'd start off with some books by reputable authors such as Scott CUnningham, Kate West, Vivianne Crowley and Raven Grimassi. Avoid Silver Ravenwolf as she is a very 'fluffy bunny' author- like a wiccan fundie, if you will. A lot of things you can make yourself or get for free, such as a wand (you can whittle out of a stick), a robe (if you're not going skyclad anyway. You can make this out of a fabric such as linen or cotton quite easily), and perhaps herbs, depending on what your town is like.

Here's a list of shops in your state: http://www.witchvox.com/vn/sh/usca_sh.html

Good luck on your new path and blessed be!

Source(s): Wiccan & witch (not the same thing)

1) Go to http://wicca.timerift.net/ and read everything on the site. Wicca requires research, so you might as well get used to reading now. :-)

2) If what you see there makes sense to you, pick up "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner" by Scott Cunningham. It will give you the information you need to start practicing the religion and observing our holy days. Stay FAR away from Silver Ravenwolf (if you read the Essays section on the above-mentioned website, you'll know why).

3) Don't worry about herbs and magic tools yet. Tools are just aids for concentration. You don't need tools to practice Wicca (although if you're just starting out they certainly help).

4) Do NOT practice Wicca behind your parents' backs. Lies are a poor foundation for a serious spiritual practice.

5) http://www.witchvox.com/xvn.html will help you locate other Wiccans, Wiccan shops, and Wiccan events in your area.

Take care, and best of luck to you.

Source(s): Wiccan for 16 years

Read, learn and browse a few extra. There are 2 approaches to head. You can both discover a coven to become a member of, or you'll be able to be a Wiccan dedicant - Solitary, which means that you train on my own. I am presently solitary, however was once as soon as side of a coven. It did not paintings for me, however it should for you. Scott Cunninghams books are tremendous for solitary train. Avoid $ilver Ravenfraud till you're good versed in Wicca and Witchcraft, or simply steer transparent altogether! The primary factor to recollect is that it takes time. Don't count on to gain knowledge of the whole thing immediately, and do not pay attention to humans who inform you it have to be performed this fashion or that approach, in view that it does not. Question the whole thing you learn, as a few of it won't are compatible with you. Even in the event you think you're now not getting at any place, it customarily way you have got to gradual down. Don't think that you just have got to do a spell or ritual every day, and even each and every week. You can honour the Gods on your possess approach, lights a candle, planting matters on your lawn, burying a stone as way to them. Simple matters will also be simply as robust and significant. Try to not get too slowed down with the meanings and correspondances, or with the exclusive traditions. Take it one step at a time. BB )O(

• Kharm

Wicca is a religion. You don't need any tools to honor the god and goddess, though books to research can help. Since you're so young, I would suggest doing research first. Many covens won't accept anyone under 18, so if you start researching now you'll have a great head start.

Scott Cunningham is a great author to check out when it comes to Wicca. Witches' Voice also has great articles posted every week, as well as a teen section you can check out.

First off, talk with your mom. I do not condone any child lying to their parents. Second, if your mom allows this, go to your local bookstore. They should have a new age section.

Find books by

Scott Cunnigham

Ray Buckland

Laurie Cabot

Konstantinos (if you want to explore the night time aspect)

Margot Adler

Gerry Cantrell

Kate West

Avoid: D.J. Conway (she is a bit loopy, read one of her books, thought she was crazy) and Silver Ravenwolf (Hard to pick out the truth behind all the crap.

These authors have helped me on my path.

Like I said at first though, talk to your mom. Do not lie to her. My mother helped me when I talked to her.

Studying is the first step.

I never said you were lying to your parents. I just suggested that you do not do it. It won't help if you are doing something and your mom walks in and sees it, not knowing what you are doing and gets upset.

Source(s): Nocturnal wiccan

You're 13. Of course wicca is going to sound good to you. But before you make that decision, learn more about being a lutheran and all the things it can do for you. Maybe you don't like because you've grown up with it. You have to make the descision for yourself. Give it a shot.

• Red

First the books.

I suggest anything written by Scott Cunningham.

Avoid Silver Raven-wolf like the plague...

The rest you will learn as you progress.

Best of luck!

STICK WITH LUTHERAN...you could google but its wrong...talk to your mom