Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Why my cat purrs so much?

I have a cat and it purrs a little bit too much, in my opinion. Do you know what's the reason for that? How to reduce it? Should it be reduced?

Thanks.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

Cats not only purr when they are happy but also when they are in pain and/or angry. I expect your cat is purring for happiness. Some cats are more vocal than others. For example the Siamese cat is a "talker" by nature. Just as some folks talk all of the time so kitty cats do to! This is purrfectly fine!!!

• 1 decade ago

You're cat is just really enjoying life when it purrs. It's saying that it's happy and comfortable. I find it very soothing when cats purr. Why would you want to reduce it? :)

• 1 decade ago

Don't worry at all! A Purring cat should bring a big smile to your face!!! Your cat is probably really happy. Which means you're doing a great job as a pet owner! So just keep up the good work and enjoy the purrrr!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's normal for a cat to purr. When you asked the question, it got me thinking, so I googled it a bit. Apparently, cats purr when they are happy -- so you don't have nothing to worry about. Your cat is happy! :-)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Our kitty purrs really loudly. He does it when he's in a corner, laying down and looking lazy. It's totally normal. That's his way of saying, "My life is awesome. What could make it any better would be a piece of turkey falling from the heavens."

• 1 decade ago

maybe cause the cat is so happy :)

• 1 decade ago

why is that bad! its happy, purring is a good sign, just let it be!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.