Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Why my cat purrs so much?

I have a cat and it purrs a little bit too much, in my opinion. Do you know what's the reason for that? How to reduce it? Should it be reduced?

Thanks.

Cats not only purr when they are happy but also when they are in pain and/or angry. I expect your cat is purring for happiness. Some cats are more vocal than others. For example the Siamese cat is a "talker" by nature. Just as some folks talk all of the time so kitty cats do to! This is purrfectly fine!!!

You're cat is just really enjoying life when it purrs. It's saying that it's happy and comfortable. I find it very soothing when cats purr. Why would you want to reduce it? :)

Don't worry at all! A Purring cat should bring a big smile to your face!!! Your cat is probably really happy. Which means you're doing a great job as a pet owner! So just keep up the good work and enjoy the purrrr!

It's normal for a cat to purr. When you asked the question, it got me thinking, so I googled it a bit. Apparently, cats purr when they are happy -- so you don't have nothing to worry about. Your cat is happy! :-)

Our kitty purrs really loudly. He does it when he's in a corner, laying down and looking lazy. It's totally normal. That's his way of saying, "My life is awesome. What could make it any better would be a piece of turkey falling from the heavens."

maybe cause the cat is so happy :)

why is that bad! its happy, purring is a good sign, just let it be!