Farah asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Is loss of Appetite after Vaccination in dogs common?

My puppy recently got a lost in his appetite and wasnt his jolly self (bouncing and running all over) we called our vet and he came over and my pup got 3 vaccine and also dewormer, later on in the night we notice that he was vomiting a little slime. he slept through the night and in the morning he looked so much in pain and hasn't eaten and we have to fed him his water.. Is this just a sign of the pain he receive from the vaccine or should i be worried ( it has not been a full 24 hours since his vaccination)

• Muschi
    Favorite Answer

He'll be fine, one of mine acts like that when she gets her shots, she sleeps all day and for 2 days she has the "I hate you b*tch" look on her face...lol I have to give her cooked chicken to make her eat lol.

It's not at all unusual for a puppy (or adult dog) to feel a little "off" for a day or so after vaccinations ... not too energetic, not very hungry, BUT ...

Your pup seems sick. I would not take a chance with a puppy. You should call the vet and explain what's going on. Your pup may be having a reaction to one of the vaccines, or maybe he's just not feeling great for some other reason, but your vet needs to hear about this.

• why would your vet vaccinate when the dog was already lethargic and not eating??????

vaccine reactions are pretty common but considering he was sick BEFORE the vaccination is cause for alarm

sounds like a sick puppy, take him to the vet... a different vet maybe