?
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

What are the chances?

My boyfriend and I got back together after a month long break...

We had sex and used a condom. The other two times, he started and pulled out and finished by jacking off. I just found out the last time I went to get my Depo shot was in April. I was scheduled to get another in July, but missed it.. it's now August... which means I'm a whole month behind on my Depo shot. This whole time I thought I didn't have to go back until August... since I've been "off" the Depo, I haven't had a "period", but more of a brown discharge... does this mean I'm pregnant? I'm scheduled to go to the women's center at 4pm and have a blood test done to determine if I'm pregnant...if I'm not, I will receive the shot... what are the chances of being pregnant?

What does the brown discharge mean?

Favorite Answer

The depo shot is still effective past 12 weeks, it's just not 99% effective anymore. It's not a system where one day you'll be 99% protected against pregnancy and then the next not be protected at all. It takes a while to leave your system. You should be ok since you never had full ejaculate sex, but obviously there's still a small chance. The bloodwork is the surest way of knowing.

Best of luck!

I don't think the chances are very good. If you're on the depo shot then once you stop taking it, it would take your body a couple of months to get normal again.