Is this against the law in any way?

There is a foreclosed house in my neighborhood that has been for sale for about 3 years, every time someone tries to buy it the realtor says he has a pending sale and cant sell it. I found out the realtor is trying to keep this house for himself, hes been remodeling it. The bank recently lowered the price since it doesnt sell it is now very cheap. This house is very large and very very nice. Is what he is doing against the law?

Favorite Answer

If he is doing work to the house without the bank (who owns the property) knowing about it, then yes, it's against the law.

Source(s): 9+ years Law Enforcement
  • ?

If what you're saying is true, it's at least a violation of the contract the realtor has with the bank and could be fraud.

yes hes committing fraud call the realtor company he works for and report him

• D S

Report it to the company he works for and the bank that owns it. They will investigate and determine if you are correct.

Unless he has purchased the house from the bank then I think he is committing fraud.*