Is there a better bike seat?
I am 5'3" and have a 24" bike but the reason I do not ride is because it hurts my butt. Is there any suggestion for someone with a fat butt? LOL
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
the thing with a wide saddle is, it will hurt too after a while
your legs will chafe on the 'horn'
and it;s mostly a matter of butt training
until you go through that, nothing will really work
there is a distance, and over that distance, it;s going to hurt no matter what
for a regular seat that might be 2 miles
for a big-butt seat 5 miles
til you get your butt used to it
then any seat is fine
- White Polar BearLv 41 decade ago
I wouldn't order saddle online. Go to your local bike shop. They have many "shapes" you can pick from.
There are several factors that your butt hurts, only one of them is the type of shape of the saddle:
1. saddle height, tilting angle and position (forward vs. backward). Bike fitting is perhaps the most important step to get comfortable for longer ride and pedal with higher efficiency.
2. if you are new to biking, your muscles around your groin areas also need to adapt to the new saddle. It's not unusual to take a week or two. If you still feel it hurts after a couple of weeks, then you can look for a better saddle.
- Phillip BLv 61 decade ago
I recently replaced my basic saddle with one by Selle Royal. It was a model available in four back angles and two gender variants . I'm very happy. It cost me £35 UK.
I'm sure other saddle manufacturers take these factors into consideration, but this make/model is upfront about it.
A sore butt is no laughing matter. By the way, padded cycling shorts also work, and I'd be wearing them even on my new saddle if I was cycling longer distances.Source(s):  http://www.selleroyal.com/saddles_selector/product...
- Anonymous1 decade ago
You need to take short rides until you get use to the saddle. Every one goes through butt pain at first. They have saddles at walmart but time in the saddle will help out a lot.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
good saddles come in various widths for a reason, each butt is different. go to a bike shop and get fit for a saddle. also if you dont already use them get some chamois shorts, they definitely help with padding
- ?Lv 41 decade ago
Try this seat