What does the Trinity doctrine fail to understand?

While the "triune" nature of The Godhead is clear and undeniable, to build a religious doctrine upon it ignores two very important considerations:

1. The perfection of the man, Jesus of Nazareth, tempted in every way just like we are and yet without sin. The one and only perfect human life ever lived totally in harmony with the will of God. This is His qualification as "The Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world"

2. The agony endured by the man Jesus in Gesthemany and Calvary, extreme beyond imagination and not for Himself but for the benefit of those of us He loves.

These two points are the heart of The Gospel of Jesus Christ and are the motivation for God The Father to exault/ promote/elevate His Only Begotten Son, Jesus, to the highest postition, head of all things to The Church, head of all principality and power and made Him to be both Lord and Christ.

Jesus is "The Door" into The Kingdom of God. There is simply no other way in. Therefore, whatsoever ye do in word or deed do all in the Name of The Lord Jesus giving thanks to God and The Father by HIM.

The titles of The Tinity are not a verbatim formula for baptism which divides and separates, but the all inclusive Name of Jesus Christ which unifies The Godhead in Himself. As the Apostles teach: "All the fulness of The Godhead dwelleth in Him bodily and you are complete in Him who is the head of all principality and power"

Dont you agree ????

Matt 28:19. The great commission: Must include vs 18 and 20 to be understood. All power/authority in heaven and earth is given unto me. (That is all the power and authority that there is). Go, THEREFORE to all nations teaching and baptising with the authority of The Father, Son and Holy Ghost and I am with you always, even to the end of the age. THIS IS HIS MESSAGE. Easy to misinterpret.

Whether there are 3 or 33 offices or Persons of The Godhead, ONLY ONE bled and died on the cross. It is in His Name, by His blood and through His Spirit that we may be saved.

The Love, Grace and Salvation of God is come to the world in The Name and Person of Jesus Christ, not the titles of The Trinity.

Deadeye: Of course. God is everything, everywhere, and all the time. Jesus is God focused on one thing: The salvation of mankind.

Favorite Answer

I agree. I believe there is a fundamental miscommunication between 3 in 1 and 3 in 3...

Jesus is NOT 3 in 3 but in himself He is.... He said it himself

"Before Abraham was I AM"

The problem is....

We as humans have such a hard time wrapping our brains around the concept so wew form our own vain imaginations in place of what God has designed to show us.

Put it this way... God can span the heavens with his hand.

Without Jesus How would we ever understand a God that can literally span the universe with his hand???

Source(s): John 14:6

What? I agree that the Triune God presents many problems to the claim of there being only one God by Christians. If there are three distinct persons, they all can't be the one God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit may have elements of each in them (like I have parts of my parents in me but I am still a separate person), but those parts that are separate can't all be one. I think Christians have a real problem here, that the church simply saying, "It's a mystery" doesn't relly explain. Jesus may have been divine...meaning the Son of God, but to say that he is not a distinct person means the Father actually died on the cross, not Jesus. You see the problem? Having said that, I don't really care if there's one or three people looking after my soul---I need all the help I cna get.

The trinity comes from celtic perception. 3 became the numerologicly significant quantity in celtic perception, and throwing in a three must be used to make christianity greater palitable to a huge team of pagans. Had they no longer been adopting pagan components into the religion they might have long gone with a greater classic Mesopotamian seven. watching Sir Newton, we see that he became an alchemist and a physicist. regrettably this would not advance his credability in religious circles. His scientific history did no longer prepare to this actual theological difficulty. the reality that he became an alchemist became an significant element to contemplate. He became uncovered to mercury, this does issues to the pinnacle. This likewise does some thing to the credability. Newton lived interior the age of reason. Christianity became out of style for intelectuals. Newton became definately an intelectual, and so this is totally sensible that he be against the assumption of the trinity. The twist is that he became no longer against christianity, alchemy became actual incredibly christian motivated as we communicate. So what reason might he might desire to reject the trinity in christianity? He probably merely observed that it became no longer a biblical thought and as such it is going to have been further later. uncomplicated good judgment, all of his very own history is merely the course he took to get there.

I can agree with some of this. What you are missing is that Jesus is the Son of man and the Son of God. Jesus during his ministry was a man but he was also God. He became a man to fill the offices that man through sin and weakness of his flesh could not fill such as:

King

1 Timothy 6:14-15, "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;"

High priest

Hebrews 7:23-25, "And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

Savior

Hebrews 9:11-12, "But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."

Hebrews 13:12, "Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate."

Mediator

1 Timothy 2:5, "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

Advocate

1 John 2:1-2, "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Shepheard

John 10:11-14, "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine."

Bishop

1 Peter 2:24-25, "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls."

And I could go on and on

Colossians 2:9, that you quoted is mistranslated in most commonly used Bibles. When the correct word, 'godship' is used instead of godhead, it changes the meaning of the verse

The trinity doctrine is based on 33 mis-applied, or mistranslated verses of the Bible.

Colossians 2:9 is one of those verses.

I would agree if you only know that J is a new letter so how could Elohim be called Jesus

Bible stress not to speak the names of other elohim

if you wanted to Knew Yah and Yahshua and his Holy Ghost

• korban

sounds good to me.

but something also to consider is that Jesus prayed we would be one in him as he is one in the Father, now that would bring us into the trinity also!

We are the body after all and Jesus says have you not heard you are all gods.

Children of God not begotten like Jesus but made, but he put in us his own spirit to dwell with us, so we are all part of the trinity.

we are all one seed as God created one man and from him sons and daughters of God.

• Rachel

okay. here's what i fail to understand:

how can a father have a son without a mother, and how can that son be the father of himself, while also being a third being, who is a "spirit?"

that the planet is in for a deep freeze sooner rather than later.

Doctrines can't "understand" things, as they're not human.