10 Answers

Relevance
  • mark e
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

a capital I

• 4 years ago

There is no difference in the terms as you asked it. If you are wondering what the difference is between the Internet and an Intranet, the Internet is the World Wide Web, public and available to everyone. An Intranet is a private and usually secure site normally used within one company or groups of companies under the same corporation. The transmission technology is the same for both. A network is a group of computers linked together, and normally all files are accessible to every computer on the network, with most files posted on a specific drive located in the main server. A network of networks, then, would be several networks connected together. Hope this is the answer to your question.

• 1 decade ago

While there is no difference between Internet and the lowercase internet (Capitals is just the proper way to spell it), there IS a difference between Internet and Intranet.

Internet is obviously the world wide web, in which multiple computers are connected together through a series of networks. An Intranet is similar, but it is only computers connected together within one house, one business, or one building.

Hope that helped!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The spelling

If your on about internet and intranet then this is the following

internet is the connection to the outside world via a phone line, fibre optic cable, leased line, or whatever.

Intranet is an internal network that has a webpage, I used to work in a call centre and everybodys shifts and everything else was on the intranet. An intranet is an internet network only, that noone from the outside can access .... normally.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

One`s the Internet so is the other.

• 1 decade ago

It is the same thing..

The PROPER term is spelled Internet.

• 1 decade ago

one has a capital "I".

ha ha! Sorry, that was very childish of me.

There is no difference, only in the way you are typing it.

Unless you want to get grammatically correct, which can get complicated, you don't need to know that though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

One has a capital I

• 1 decade ago

what they are the same thing lol

why people WHY!!!! why do they use computers?

• 1 decade ago

no differnce ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.