Michael Jackson Vs. Elvis Presley?

Michael Jackson was known as "The King of Pop" and we all know that elvis is "The king of Rock 'n Roll" On the news a couple weeks ago, they said that michael had made a comment "I think i was Bigger than elvis Presley" I just laughed,

Do you think michael jackson Was more famous then elvis? why?

Nope, no bad humor, I Laughed because I think it's funny That He thinks he was More Successful Then Elvis

kthx :)

Parents Said Elvis Presley wasn't a Physco and hung his Infant child over a balcony, Elvis was very Generous, Genuine Good person. Wasn't trying to be someone he's not. Micheal wasn't happy with himself, Elvis was an American Hero.

1. Elvis Presley Served his Country In the military, Michael Jackson Did not.

2. Elvis Presley never Chemically altered the Pigmentation of his skin to be someone that he was not.

3. I feel the only people can compare Micheal Jackson to elvis presley is the people who were alive in both Eras.

Elvis presley Served the country, (Stationed in Germany) Micheal Jackson wasn't

elvis didn't hang his Infant Child over the balcony of the Hotel in Paris.

Also, elvis never had to cover his face, nor his childs face when they went out in public

Elvis wasn't a paranoid skitsafrentic

Favorite Answer

Wow...to see how misinformed people are. I feel like sighing a huge DDDUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH...Don't young people investigate *anything*? It also doesn't matter that Elvis isn't relevant today. In another twenty or thirty years people are going to be saying the same thing about Michael Jackson..."He was only relevant in his day". And about his dancing...Elvis did almost the same thing as Michael Jackson...he thrust his pelvis and got into a WORLD of trouble because of it. How do you think he got the nickname "Elvis the Pelvis"? TV wouldn't even show Elvis from the waist down. But I bet you young dummies didn't know that, either. You don't do your homework. They came from two completely different times. One was the victim of the conservative world, one was the victim of the "free speech" liberal world. The kids say he didn't make as much money as MJ - but a dollar back then was worth about 15 dollars today. The dummies dont think of that either. They're too media fed to think for themselves. Lazy. Let someone else do the homework while they just sit around and parrot what comes out of someone else. These kids of today need to open their heads and THINK. INVESTIGATE. Because parroting only makes them appear as fools to those who know better. The little mindless people don't even know that Elvis and Michael met and had a great respect for one another - as much as an adult man and a child can have toward each other as performers.

Michael and Elvis both had their time. They were different times, but the time was theirs. There is no comparison. They each brought the same things to the table and were both loved world wide in two entirely different era's. Anyone who cant understand that is a deaf dumb and blind idiot. I mean, these don't even understand that back in those days, there was NO SUCH THING as "pop" music. You either had rock and roll, country or classical. Thats it. Kids today need to do their homework before they think they can judge this contest. And use some damned common sense...if Elvis wasn't such a big deal, he wouldn't even be being compared to MJ today. DUH!!!!

I have to go with Elvis! I know both singers well and I have to say Elvis! I use to be a huge Micheal fan until I was 16, that's when I saw Elvis in the aloha from hawaii concert on tv, which was not too long ago! My eyes gotten wide and my mouth drops!! I never did Micheal the same way when I first saw him! I stared at Elvis in an awe because he was so so so dog on sexy! Even I have some non gay guys who tells me that they wanna kiss Elvis! It was something about his sex appeal that everyone is drawn to! Don't know what it is but he was rally fine as hell! Micheal, I think also stole some of Elvis styles in many ways! I know Elvis stole music but a lot if singers from the 50s and 60s stole other people's music! I can name a couple of singers who did, just don't feel like listing them. Elvis also sung from his heart like his voice was rich and deep in the 70s! U can tell he had some struggles in his life when he sings! Elvis was awesome! Still is!

I've been waiting for this argument to start. Look, ...comparing Michael Jackson to Elvis Presley is like comparing apples to oranges. If Elvis were the same age as Michael and shared the stage at the same time you'd probably find them to be about equal. I think MJ was probably a better SHOWMAN than Elvis, giving his audience more of his dancing abilities and probably putting on a better show. But as far as celebrity status, that's like splitting hairs. This argument happens a lot with prize fighters like who was tougher, ...Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali. It's just impossible to draw a line and have everyone respect it.

to be serious yea Michael has more fame then Elvis, see Elvis sang rock n' roll and it's not the type of music that everyone is gonna like. Michael sang from pop to rock funk to disco and r&b that's a lotta people and a lotta different ethnicity's that Elvis could not do. So Michael had more fame and Michael even wrote all his songs something not done in the pop world. Elvis never wrote not one song something that rock musicians never do.

My mom and grandmother were both alive in those eras. My grandmother born in 1930 and mom in 1954 and they both think Mj had way more talent. Elvis is so American Michael is So worldwide. You won't see people in Africa calling Elvis the best, they don't even know he exist. But Mj is like there idols.

There was no war during the time of Mj and randomly drafting is now illegal so learn your facts.

Mj had to cover the kids faces because he wanted them to grow up without the media bothering them he was that famous, and constant flashes is very annoying.

And is Elvis never was crazy why did he die fat on a toilet with anti depressants

• Forte

Well he was bigger than Elvis, it is simply a fact, but the WHY is really important.

International media was simply more developed by the time Jackson was around, there was more opportunity for him to become big. He was known on every continent in the most remote regions of the world; including in some places so primitive, they didn't even have televisions and radios.

Here is a clip from the radio show of someone who actually thinks jackson was a weirdo, but he was alive for both Elvis and Jackson and he is comparing them.

He says no one else got as big as jackson did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDlxZyO2czg

Youtube thumbnail

Michael made way more money than elvis. When Elvis died, his estate was only worth a few million. Thanks to his ex wife and daughter it has become a multi million dollar endeavor. Michael made billions. Don't let a bankruptcy fool you. Money can be buried.

Elvis was a good singer and a pioneer, but didn't have nearly the bank ability that Michael had.

• Jes

I don't know which was bigger, but I do think Michael Jackson has more fans currently. I can't say I know many Elvis fans, but I know quite a few fans of Michael Jackson's.

I think so, but i mean i dont wanna be mean to elvis, he was ok i guess, to people in his time.

Michael jackson is always the king of pop. actually a bit more than that. he could dance, sing, make great music videos, make great songs, and was a great humanitarian. i love u mj

You guys are all silly. What gives any of you the right to voice your opinion of either one of the KINGS?

Are any of us even worthy of discussing the (KING) ELVIS PRESLEY?

SHOW SOME RESPECT PEOPLE !!!!!!!

Strictly in the fact that MJ had a bigger level of technology at his disposal. Both paid a huge price for huge success.