Why do many African American people think that black Africans come in shades lighter than dark brown without?

non black admixture. I've heard light skinned African Americans say with the utmost passion that they don't have a single drop of white blood in them and that black people come in all different shades which is true, in Africa there ARE different shades of full blooded African but it only gets lighter than... show more non black admixture. I've heard light skinned African Americans say with the utmost passion that they don't have a single drop of white blood in them and that black people come in all different shades which is true, in Africa there ARE different shades of full blooded African but it only gets lighter than dark brown for two reasons, non black admixture and albinism and the first is indeed very common in some parts of Africa.

I'm sorry, but when I see people with off white skin trying to pass as full black it makes me want to scream!

BTW, not that there's anything wrong with being part white, but you are what you are and you need not deny that