Aaron S asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

What team is Allen Iverson on/going to?

Favorite Answer

There are several teams interested in Allen Iverson.

The Clippers were of the latest who have expressed interest in Iverson. The problem with the Clips is Iverson must accept a bench role. Clippers management have recently told a source of ours that they would like to meet with Iverson face-to-face and see if coming off the bench would be a problem. The Clippers would offer Iverson the Mid Level Exception.

The Miami Heat have been talking to Iverson about playing in South Beach next year but can only pay him around 2 million a season. Dwade has openly stated he would like to play with Iverson and it would help the Heat's offense. The question is will Allen put his ego aside and sign for less money to play for a playoff team.

Another possibility is the Memphis Grizzlies. They were the first team to express interest in Iverson and he himself said he would like to play in Memphis. Later reports have surfaced stating Iverson is more likely to play in Miami or L.A.

Lastly a team that has quietly pursued Iverson is the Charlotte Bobcats. This would be a reuinion for Allen Iverson and Larry Brown. A.I had some of his best years under coach Brown and went to the finals together. Larry would have to persuade Iverson in a bench role as the Bobcats have a solid starting 5.

Iverson just recently stated he doesnt really have any preferences in where he plays but he wants to finish his career in a happy situation. He also wants to play for a team that wants him.

If i were to pick one of these teams in which Iverson will go to i would say the Clippers but only if they do not sign Ramon Session. More money, bigger market, more shot opportunities. If he doesnt go to the Clips i think he will play for the Heat who are looking for a scorer after losing out on Odom.

Source(s): For all your news, rumors and speculation from around the NBA follow TheNBAScoop on twitter at: http://twitter.com/TheNBAScoop
  • There are several teams that have expressed interest in Iverson: The Clippers, Grizzles, Bobcats, Heat, and now the Knicks.

These however are the teams whom I feel Iverson would most benefit from and help the most: The 76ers, Timberwolves, Heat, and Bobcats. All are in need of a true scoring PG like Iverson.

The Clippers would either have AI come off the bench (disgruntling him) or mess up the development of their new high-potential PG Eric Gordon if they start him so that's a lose-lose situation. The Grizzles already have two great 30+min guards in Mayo and Gay so they would have to have AI come off the bench again or risk losing the value of OJ Mayo. As for the Knicks, their entire team is guards with the exception of David Lee, so there is clearly something wrong with their organization if Iverson ends up there.

The choice that would benefit everyone however (by everyone, i mean Iverson, The Team, and the League itself) would be the Heat. It's simple, Dwayne Wade said he wants Iverson's help, Iverson said he wants to go to a team where he is wanted, and the NBA wants Iverson in a place that would appeal to fans, i.e. with Wade.

BTW I don't like the heat, but Iverson is my favorite player and I do feel that it would be the most interesting if he went there. He won't conflict with Wade and everyone because even though AI is PG, Wade gets 8 dishes per game and AI still gets 5 per game so they'll be no problem in ball sharing. The heat do not need an assisting pg , they need a scoring one and AI is THE ANSWER.

-Sunny D

As of right now it looks like it's going to be the Memphis Grizzlies. A.I has said before that he is interested in playing for the Grizzlies and memphis has shown interest back. Recently the Grizzlies declined to offer a contract to Warrick and sources say that the money they declined to give Warrick is going to be used to sign A.I. So as of right now all signs point to memphis.

Also, The clippers and Heat have shown interest in A.I. L.A. will not give him that much money so i don't see him going there. The heat will probably be a little bit more aggressive since they just lost the bid with Odom, but I think A.I might mess up the teams chemistry there. Plus Mario Chalmers hasn't done a bad job there.

• Erika

now no longer fortunate adequate to be in championship-high quality communities. The Sixers of 2001 were nonetheless approximately 2 substantial parts removed from a championship. No different able scorer in there as nicely A.I. and so as that they lacked first-fee great adult adult males who would desire to do conflict against precise Shaq. Had Dikembe been 5 years youthful, they'd've carried out greater ideal against O'Neal.

Whatever team he goes to is just going to turn into a disaster, look at detroit. unless its the grizzlies, I cant see any team to get better with him on the team.

LA Clippers?

I'd have to say Memphis Grizzlies, because he has the best chance to start there.

So far his agent is taking his time. I want him to go to the rockets

i hope he go to miami he would be a killer off their bench