Blue Book Citation Form?

Do you know how to properly cite in Blue Book form the cases below?

The knock and announcement requirement is an element of the Fourth Amendment reasonableness inquiry. Wilson v. Arkansas , 115 S. Ct. 1914 (1995). "The requirement of prior notice of authority and purpose before forcing entry into a home is deeply rooted in our heritage and should not be given grudging application." Miller v. United States , 357 U.S. 301, 313 (1958). The rule is designed to satisfy three purposes: (1) protecting the safety of occupants of a dwelling and the police by reducing violence; (2) preventing the destruction of property; and (3) protecting the privacy of occupants. See, e.g. , United

States v. Zermeno , 66 F.3d 1058, 1062 (9th Cir. 1995) (discussing federal knock and announce statute, 18 U.S.C. § 3109); Hall v. Lopez , 823 F. Supp. 857, 864 (D. Colo. 1993). The first and third of these goals pertain to Bonner's claim.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The entire fourth amendment with cases (and their citations) can be found at this site http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/html/amdt4toc_us...

For general info about blue book citations

http://www.law.cornell.edu/citation/

• Login to reply the answers
  • Sandra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Many great books on this list. My 2 suggestions are: Cannery Row by Steinbeck. It's short, an entertaining read & a great book by an American master. Taming of the Shrew. It's funny (Watch the movie) and Shakespeare's use of language is magnificent. You also won't have any trouble finding 40 words you don't know. Not the case if you pick 2 rather contemporary books by American authors. I'd also recommend Gone With The WInd, Wuthering Heights,both Wells books, all the Austen, Jane Eyre, Rocket Boys, Things Fall Apart, Steppenwolf, Canterbury Tales & the Twain books. I dislike Faulkner & think Roll of Thunder is pretty simplistic compared to the rest of this list. The books you have already read are also great.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.