promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Engine Question of a 1987 Ford f250?

I am currently having trouble with the oil pressure on my truck which is a 1987 Ford F250 2WD. The oil pressure drops as the truck increases in speed then it will rebuild pressure then drop back to 0. What could be the cause? Where is the oil sender unit located on the engine?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ken k
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

engine is clogged at oil returns and oil is stuck in valve covers/stop and clean/drain oil during the cleaning and leave oil pan plug off/use paint thinners from home depot and let drain overnight/buy 2 oil filters/and 10 qts of oil/cheapest on 5 qts and reg on the other 5/put cheap in with new filter and start and run with new filter for about 15 minutes/drain oil and change filter to other new one/let drain for a about 30 minutes/install new filter and oil and try again to drive normal/change oil and filter again in 1000 miles

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

ford are know for weak oil pumps an main,too ford like a clean oil fitter, so i say first change the fitter, an see how it go, if it still does this i then look at the oil send unit

• 1 decade ago

sounds like it could be the sending unit like you have stated. I would type the information in google to find the sending unit because every vehicle is different and locations are too Hope this helps

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

sending unit depends on engine, sounds like a blocked oil pump screen

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.