Why do people make such a big deal out of bleaching skin then tanning your skin ?

i mean they both have harmful effects in the long run, so why be biased ??

Also, I was watching this show and people were accusing this dark skin girl (i don't know her ethnicity) for hiding or getting rid of her identity, when she was bleaching her skin, and some people from the audience were gasping and booing her and those people were Caucasian with tan.

Anyway I didn't mean to offend anyone if you are offended, i was just curious.

Favorite Answer

you are right, most of the dark skinned peoples have beautiful look but they won't accept that because fairness works every where. in the same sense they intended to get a fairer skin. but its not their fault its all because of the wrong peoples wrong opinion, we can prevent ourselves if we stops lisening wrong guidence or opinions.

I personally would never, ever consider bleaching my skin. It is just so un--whatever. I love my skin color and do not want to do anything to change it. Those who bleach should not be surprised when skin cancer hits them. They will have gotten more than what they deserve.

Since I cannot relate to tanning, I have no comment on it.

i'm guess because bleaching your skin is not the norm then tanning your skin everywhere you go you always hear people say "oh i can't wait until i get a nice tan" or something like that but you will never hear dark skinned person say "oh i can't wait until i bleach my skin" it is just not normal in the public eyes so that is why it is a big deal... it is also view of self hating yourself by making yourself look lighter...

Well to be honest.. its because people who "boo" and say these people have "self-esteem" issues are complete ******* retards and (majority) go all feminist with "you look beautiful in the inside you don't need that" well to be honest a lot of women and men looking ******* ugly and need to get tanned or bleach their skin.

Its all good if they want to do it and have the money to do it.

People just have a lot of stupid *** taboo for certain things.

Side Note:

Majority of these people are religious which in my book makes them complete ******* retards.

• See ya

Because majority of the people who tan are white and they alter their appearences only for improvement. But if a minority alters themselves, it's "self hatred" which is bad. Plus tanning is "healthy" for the skin and bleaching is not.

And tanning happens naturally. It's natural to spray bright orange paint on you, or lay in a plastic tube w/ lights that can singe your eyes, lay for hours in the sun for just enough hours to develope a bronze look and skin cancer, but just short of burning your skin turning bright red and peeling, which happens because white people aren't naturally suppose to be in the sun too long.

That's what a number of them like to tell themselves.

Both are equally bad.

In USA it's like a double standard its ok to get tanned but not ok to whiten skin c'mon that's BS in Asia its common for people to try and whiten their skin let's be realistic it looks cleaner right so why not.

Source(s): personal opinion

Do you bleach your skin? But any way skin bleaching is a lot worse than tanning.

• well bleaching your skin its like you can tell that persons not happy about there self but if you stay outside long enough you will get darker anyway LOL

Why would a black girl want to bleach?

Dark chocolate skin is sexy:

http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01516/28/90/151...

Because it's viewewd as self hatred. Why do you need to do those things to be beautiful?