ciasplinter asked in SportsRunning · 1 decade ago

Do runners wear socks?

I was looking at a pair of running shoes, and it was noted that they feel better without socks... is it common for running shoes to be worn like that? What are the advantages/disadvantages?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Yeti
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Most wear socks for the moisture wicking, odor control, lower likelihood of blisters, etc.

If you find some thin technical fabric running socks, it can feel pretty darn close to running without socks. You're probably simply trying the shoes with socks that aren't ideal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For training, yes, I wear socks. For racing, no I don't wear socks, unless the course has tall grass in which case I wear long compression socks.

Source(s): XC and track runner.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, runners wear socks. the best type of sock for a runner is non-cotton because the sweat from your foot will be able to escape as opposed to a cotton sock. i haven't really heard of a runner who doesn't wear socks...

• 1 decade ago

well im sure with special shoes you dont need socks...but most of the time yes..you should wear socks....its more comfortable...and your shoes wont smell after a run....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, your feet would get even more sweat with out them and also u could eaisly get blisters. I would def wear socks

• 4 years ago

I could think that they could put on instructor socks, because the again of the teacher will furnish ample cushion to preclude blisters, however the sole of the foot would not rub towards the only of the teacher, which could be uncomfortable.

• 1 decade ago

You dont have to wear socks if you dont want to.but i think you should run with them

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

socks=YAY!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.