christians: Can God correct gayness?

loooooooooooong story short, I used to be really gay when I was like 13, but then I kept praying that God would change me and I never looked @ guys and I kept my thoughts away from them (in that way)

Now I'm sort-of asexual, and I started going out with this really nice girl and I told her the whole story and she said that if I don't turn straight eventually, then she wouldn't be willing to attempt an asexual-sexual relationship.

So either I'm gonna be asxeual and in a boring relationship/nothing 4ever, or turn normal (coz I dont wanna be gay coz God doesn't like that)

Soo.... could God make me normal? Why/why not? who says? Is it worth it to try?

[I'm almost 16 now btw if that matters?]

I'm already a Christian!!! Thank you, lol. Many of you didn't pick up on that.

• Buster
    Favorite Answer

hey you will be fine just keep praying and looking to Christ sounds as if you have taken leaps and bounds already just do not stop now may God bless, guide and protect you

"I used to be gay when I was 13...". I knew how this would end. You think you're the only one who's ever been confused about their sexuality? Please if you were 30 when this happened that's believable but this is crap. Sooo many people have felt gay or bi for a while during puberty and it went away on it's own. This is probably most likely what happened however if it's not the case then...

Either that or you're suppressing yourself by creating a false feeling of un-attraction towards the same sex. Embrace yourself for who you are. And asexual the improper term as asexuality in humans is lack of lust not romance. Honestly no gay person has ever been turned straight just lied to themselves, took the "hard path" and suppressed healthy urges, or were forced to conform to an idiotic standard. You can change your behavior not your feelings.

• You're gay and in denial... no other explanation. If there was a God, he would want people to accept all sexualities. He believed in love, right? So why would he create you as a homosexual if he didn't want you to be one? He has a special plan for you. You are to love men and that's not a sin. Then there's the argument that you're created in God's image. Listen, hun. Love is love and gay is gay and the two can coexist. You were born homosexual because you're meant to be that way. You can still be Christian. The bible was written by people, not god, and people make mistakes.

This site may help you sort it all out.

http://www.gaysoul.com/html/index2.htm

Source(s): Atheist who explores the issue on a speculative level

Try to understand, that the only group of people in the world who say that homosexuality can be reversed are the religious right in the United States. There really isn't a way to change your sexual orientation, and by repressing yourself, you're not doing yourself any good. There have been lots of people who've gotten up and said that they were cured, but even the head of the nations largest ex-gay organization slipped and went back to being gay.

Why would God make everyone normal? Isn't the point to having us here so he can experience life through us? If you were born gay then be gay. If you're born straight then be straight. Don't try to change yourself as if you were born flawed. God loves all and you should love yourself with the same intensity because we are all one my friend.

I know straight people who are sexual deviants and are far bigger sinners than a person who finds same sex people attractive. If your gay your gay. If you think god will fix your little problem with some prayer then lets prey for the starving, the sick oh yeah and maybe to stop wars too come on. power of god act NOW hang on NOW its not working. oh well maybe he's too busy fixing lesbians today!

You seem to be confusing Christianity with sexuality..

Surely Christianity is all about love, love of the weak and those in need?

Christianity must be about love and acceptance. Therefore sexuality is unimportant.

Live your life, be a good person, and share the love you have within your soul.

seriously kid, if you get into a hetero relationship when you're gay you're likely not going to be happy in the long run and i doubt the girl will be either. i mean if God hates gay people enough to make them straight then there wouldn't be gay people, would there? you sound young and confused. do what feels right to you, and accept yourself no matter what your sexual orientation is. you'll be happier that way.

I love your question! You are the first to ask earnestly about being gay and if God can help you. The answer to this is a BIG YES!!!

How, you ask? There is only ONE WAY out of your sin (and homosexuality is a sin). And that is through JESUS CHRIST. First, you must repent of your sins. that means to be truly sorry for them, and TURN AWAY from them. Then you must ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR. When you do that, you will be BORN AGAIN! Jesus said, "One must be BORN AGAIN in order to enter into the Kingdom of God." So, even if one thinks they were "born" gay, that is no excuse! They must be born again. Everyone is a sinner and must be born again, not just gays. Anyway, Jesus will give you a NEW HEART. One that desires to do HIS WILL, AND NOT YOUR OWN. He will cleanse and purify you with His blood. When He died on the cross, HIS blood was the payment for EVERYONE'S SINS. He has paid the price already. All you have to do is repent and accept Him into your heart. Dear one, many gays have been SAVED by the grace (grace is a gift from God. Something we don't deserve) of God. Jesus is the ONLY WAY to Heaven. He is the ONLY WAY out of your sin. He cleansed me, and He can do it for you!!! I'm so glad you asked this. I'll pray for you now. And you can pray now too if you like. Ask for forgiveness and accept Jesus today. You won't regret it.

God bless

Edit: If you're a Christian, then you would know that you need to live in GOD'S WILL and not your own. Make your life about Jesus instead of yourself, and He will show you the way. There are many on here telling you to go with yourself. They are not Christians, and don't know what they are saying. They are OF THE WORLD, the very thing Jesus taught us NOT to be. Please think about this. God bless you

• Wisdom

No. You are deceiving yourself. You cannot "turn" straight if you are truly gay. I am sorry.

I guarantee you will be miserable in this relationship you're pursuing. You might think you can "change" now, but you will eventually figure out that you cannot.

Source(s): There is no "correcting" something that is not broken. You can choose to ignore your feelings and convince yourself that you're "not gay" anymore. But I guarantee those feelings will surface again if you are truly gay. I feel sorry that you're living a lie. Good luck, dear. Please don't put yourself through this.

Please listen to me. This question really concerns me. If you were 13 it obviously wasn't a trend among your friends. You are not attracted to men because you chose to be. This is not something you will be able to over come and still be happy in your life. Please I beg you do not listen to what Christians tell you about how you are evil or an abomination. Please read the part of the bible that condemns homosexuality and notice that it also condemns two cows grazing in the same pasture and to fabrics being mixed to make something. Please do not let your religious beliefs make you unhappy with your life.

Source(s): I am really sorry you chose a religion like that. I urge you to explore other religions that do not condemn you to fire and brimstone for all eternity.