Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

Value of a 1959 Austin Healey?

I think it's a Sprite. It had its carbs and transmission worked on by a couple of guys, but the body is pretty awful. It has no windshield, bumpers are removed but still around, pretty much no paint left, and rust has taken its toll on some corner bits by the doors.

It has been sitting for the past 30-40 years, and i think it ran a while ago, but doesn't roll because the brake shoes have since expanded.

How much do you think this is worth?

This is actually something I might want to buy. Any bargaining chips i could use to sway the seller? Something like "oh, well seeing as this is the model with ___ and not the ___, it's not worth as much as you're asking." eh?

Favorite Answer

Not much if you're giving an accurate description.

Source(s): Been repairing and restoring cars for over 50 years.

I'll give you £200